+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    On the one hand, it's not that many games:

Third Round Proper Saturday 18 December 2021
    Fourth Round Proper Saturday 15 January 2022
    Fifth Round Proper Saturday 12 February 2022 (we're away at Solihull Moors that day)
    Sixth Round Proper Saturday 12 March 2022 (we're away at Stockport that day)
    Semi Final Saturday 2 April 2022 (we're away at Southend that day)
    Final Sunday 22 May 2022 (can't see any confirmed dates, but I assume this is around the time the playoffs will be happening)

On the other hand, we have a small squad and it's potentially three away games we'd have to rearrange, plus there's the odd timing of the final coinciding with the playoffs. Of course, there's no guaranteed that we won't have to rearrange those three away games anyway depending on how the other teams fare in the cup.
    Forest are at home on the Saturday 18th so it's likely to be Sunday 19th

Quote Originally Posted by Pembo222 View Post
    Forest are at home on the Saturday 18th so it's likely to be Sunday 19th
    We're at Chesterfield on the Tuesday 21st

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    We're at Chesterfield on the Tuesday 21st
    Could we end up with a Friday night fixture perhaps? Probably wouldn't be good for the attendance, which is already likely to be low.

Remember the days when both clubs would have FA Cup ties on the same day and would just stagger kick-off times.

I seem to recall us kicking off at 2pm when we had Blackburn in the 3rd round of the Cup in 1981 and Forest kicked off at 3.15, I think. If so, that would have been a particularly tough deadline for the Football Post.

Mind you, I also remember us moving the Wealdstone game to a Friday night in 2020 to avoid a clash, even no fans were being admitted to the ground.

Was it Ipswich they were playing? I seem to remember being stood at the back of the Kop and their fans being frog marched to the sh1tty ground from the station and we cheered them on!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Could we end up with a Friday night fixture perhaps? Probably wouldn't be good for the attendance, which is already likely to be low.
    Friday is the obvious choice to keep games spread out and players time to recuperate

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Was it Ipswich they were playing? I seem to remember being stood at the back of the Kop and their fans being frog marched to the sh1tty ground from the station and we cheered them on!
    I think Ipswich was a few years later, in the fifth or sixth round of the cup. Seem to recall we played Luton in the league (and lost, as we often did), then a few of us crossed the river and went in the away end for the last 10 minutes as they’d opened the gates. Pretty sure Ipswich equalised late on and then won the replay - must have been around 1983.

* Just checked and it was March 1981. We lost 1-0 to Luton, Forest and Ipswich ended 3-3.
    Last edited by nw6pie; 29-11-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I think Ipswich was a few years later, in the fifth or sixth round of the cup. Seem to recall we played Luton in the league (and lost, as we often did), then a few of us crossed the river and went in the away end for the last 10 minutes as they’d opened the gates. Pretty sure Ipswich equalised late on and then won the replay - must have been around 1983.

* Just checked and it was March 1981. We lost 1-0 to Luton, Forest and Ipswich ended 3-3.
    Ah, them was the days!

The match will kick-off at 7.30pm on Saturday 18 December to avoid a clash with Nottingham Forest, who also have a home fixture on that day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast