+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More tech crap

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Far too much technical interference now for me if this lot is actually brought in and used.
    Like self driving cars, the technology is in its early days and will have teething issues, but the potential of where is WILL get to is immense.

In the next 10-20 years we'll be able to replace referees completely with 100% 'fair' (neutral) AI that will even be able to officiate the very lowest levels of amateur football.

The human referee is heading for extinction, and considering how much we all love to complain about their human error, I think it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Like self driving cars, the technology is in its early days and will have teething issues, but the potential of where is WILL get to is immense.

In the next 10-20 years we'll be able to replace referees completely with 100% 'fair' (neutral) AI that will even be able to officiate the very lowest levels of amateur football.

The human referee is heading for extinction, and considering how much we all love to complain about their human error, I think it is a good thing.
    And 50 years later Al take over the world so mankind doesn’t have a say in anything….

NASA has just announced that it has delayed its mission to put humans on the moon to 2025
    Strange that it claims to have done so 50 years ago but it doesn't have the know how to do it now.

It's coming up with the usual management excuses but the reality is the technology just isn't there. Not then, not now

And 50 years later Al take over the world so mankind doesn’t have a say in anything….
    We can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    We can hope!
    Yes, we can hope for the technology that makes you interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    NASA has just announced that it has delayed its mission to put humans on the moon to 2025
    Strange that it claims to have done so 50 years ago but it doesn't have the know how to do it now.

It's coming up with the usual management excuses but the reality is the technology just isn't there. Not then, not now
    Technology is there, money isn’t

NASA is always struggling to get funding. It’s even playing the gender and race card to vainly seek public appeal, as the mission statement says :-

With Artemis missions, NASA will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon, using innovative technologies to explore more of the lunar surface than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

They need the extra 4 years in order for Spielberg to get his film sets ready. Loads of material to go over and machinery, objects and artefacts require replicating so they don’t miss anything out.

I’m sure CAM, Crash and others off here can help them piece it together

They need the extra 4 years in order for Spielberg to get his film sets ready. Loads of material to go over and machinery, objects and artefacts require replicating so they don’t miss anything out.

I’m sure CAM, Crash and others off here can help them piece it together
    I'm going to apply for one of the civilian seats on a moon mission so I can get some photos for you Brin and put this to bed once and for all. It's around $1M but I only have about half of that so will need MMadsters to donate the rest

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'm going to apply for one of the civilian seats on a moon mission so I can get some photos for you Brin and put this to bed once and for all. It's around $1M but I only have about half of that so will need MMadsters to donate the rest
    I’ll give you 1.5 so you can take Crash with you. He can steady the tripod do it doesn’t drift off into space but, watch out for them aliens from the dark side of the moon!

It’ll only cause bedlam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast