+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we running a professional team or is it loyalty/favouritism

Are we running a professional team or is it loyalty/favouritism

I am sorry but I just don't get it. We are supposed to be a professional football team. Yet we continue to pay good money for players and then do not put then in the team. Obviously I refer to Collins and Roberts at the moment. In a professional set up there should be no such thing as best mates or loyalty to any player in the squad. So why are these two players not in the team at all. I understand the owners supporting the manager providing finance for new players but if those players are not good enough then surely this should cause the owners to question SD as to why he has identified those players are not playing.

You need to try managing Chelsea, Liverpool or the two Manchester clubs lancaster100.

We have ELEVEN shirts mon ami, we cannot play everyone in a 25 man squad.

Even Pep struggles with this one.

Remember Gibson? He's not pulling the tree roots up even at Norwich.

Roberts at least should be featuring, he has acquitted himself well playing for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Roberts at least should be featuring, he has acquitted himself well playing for Wales.
    Lowton is playing the best I have seen him since Roberts arrived, how can SD drop him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Lowton is playing the best I have seen him since Roberts arrived, how can SD drop him?
    I'd like to see him having a game replacing the Ice man.

Always a difficult one. Squad of 25. 11 can play. I think that, initially, Roberts is cover for Lawton. Bardsley is probably on the way out. Collins is cover for Tarks who, I am guessing, will be sold in January. I thought that SD was too loyal to some, but in fairness he has made room for Cornet and Cork is back up now. Even Vydra seems to be getting more minutes than previous seasons. The squad is evolving slowly. Unless we move op the table, I don’t think it will be easy to recruit in January, unless the is a gem out there like Cornet.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I'd like to see him having a game replacing the Ice man.
    Me too barrie, but that is not how SD has operated in the past and I can't see him changing his modus operandi anytime soon - can you?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)