+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Omicron b

Masks were not important in the beginning because of the supply issues and the imperative to get the NHS staff equipped, IMO. Now we all have easy access to them it makes sense to try to get people wearing them. Frail people can wear them on public transport and in shops etc, You can't make anyone do anything in this country because there is always always always some contrarian viewpoint that will get publicity just because it is contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Masks were not important in the beginning because of the supply issues and the imperative to get the NHS staff equipped, IMO. Now we all have easy access to them it makes sense to try to get people wearing them. Frail people can wear them on public transport and in shops etc, You can't make anyone do anything in this country because there is always always always some contrarian viewpoint that will get publicity just because it is contrary.
    Theatre. Pure theatre and an excercise in control.

2 large studies both prove no benefit.

Cud easy do a study in this country but they know the answer so won't do it.

It's like trying to keep air in a goal net.

Wearing the ‘one size fits all’ single use face masks are no use because they have a space at either side which lets the virus escape.
    When I am collecting my repeat medication at my GP surgery on Islay I have to wear one of these single use face masks which I have to remove from a dispenser in the entrance to our GP surgery.
    I am not allowed to wear my own face mask which is a wrap around face mask in my GP surgery.
    More crazy rules imposed by NHS Highland and probably NHS Scotland.

I think everyone should be positive about wearing face masks and trying to be careful. If we do that and the media actually publish the death rates per thousand or whatsoever, for lung cancer, heart attacks, bowel cancer along with covid deaths, we might find the clamour for action on covid only, fades away.

Meant to add Sarah Vine had a great article in the Daily Mail pointing out that the vaccines and the antiviral medicines are working.

I think everyone should be positive about wearing face masks and trying to be careful. If we do that and the media actually publish the death rates per thousand or whatsoever, for lung cancer, heart attacks, bowel cancer along with covid deaths, we might find the clamour for action on covid only, fades away.
    If wearing face masks are so good in stopping the spread of the Covid-19 virus how come there are over 300k new positive Covid-19 cases throughout the U.K. in the past few weeks.
    In my opinion the only face masks that are any use are surgical grade face masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    an excercise in control.
    I know it's not you but I was severely criticised by a certain person on here for noticing what was going on many, many months ago.

Glad others are seeing it now.

I won't mate, just can't......I see the damage it's doing to liberty and freedom......number 1 priority for me is passing on these hard won freedoms over centuries.

The most important thing we can pass on to future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I know it's not you but I was severely criticised by a certain person on here for noticing what was going on many, many months ago.

Glad others are seeing it now.
    It's like rationing and 9/11 measures....all meant to be temporary......politicians relinquish control never or seldom.

It's a fight now.

Is it 75k less cancer referrals.....did I hear that right

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)