+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Crystal Palace ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    When all is said and done, same number of games….we are only 2 points back then where we were last season. 2 points.
    Yes very true the two differences last season would have been the way we play this season we would not be troubled as we would have known the first season back most expected us to struggle. So the form last season to this season is not negotiable do you agree hence this year the form we are in has hit hard as most expected much better. Mind you looking at the ladder so many teams have and are falling off the cliff Leicester Southampton so on.
    Sorry trying to remember the second point but I just forgot f this brain.

The key bit of last season was the last 12 games which would have seen us in the top 5 had we sustained that form through the whole season

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    The key bit of last season was the last 12 games which would have seen us in the top 5 had we sustained that form through the whole season
    Just remembered like I have stated previously last season we were scoring for fun this season we have not even scored 2 more than once in a match.
    Hope last season we were allowed to play as team managers weren't really aware of what to expect but this season any team we have played are showing no fear they are coming at us not sitting back. It's good to get that win lucky or not but we lose the next 4 games which is quite possible will be back here arguing amongst ourselves.

Shipped about the same amount of goals against and we have scored 4 less then so far last season. I know swings and roundabouts, we’ve had a bad run of injuries etc, teams are more savvy towards us, I dunno, we all agree we need a consistent goal scorer. Banf puts a ton of work in during a game and get into there faces, we are missing that. There is a bunch of young un’s chomping at the bit and for sure will get there chance and breakthrough, new season for us all….
    Stand by what I said previously, its a new deck each season for most clubs, different cards and how they are played. Smooth call!!

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    When all is said and done, same number of games….we are only 2 points back then where we were last season. 2 points.
    Didn’t realise that. Thought we were WAY behind.
    Must pay more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Just remembered like I have stated previously last season we were scoring for fun this season we have not even scored 2 more than once in a match.
    Hope last season we were allowed to play as team managers weren't really aware of what to expect but this season any team we have played are showing no fear they are coming at us not sitting back. It's good to get that win lucky or not but we lose the next 4 games which is quite possible will be back here arguing amongst ourselves.
    Maybe look at the actual results Oz - your spectacles maybe have a deep rose hue to them

Maybe look at the actual results Oz - your spectacles maybe have a deep rose hue to them
    You on tablets worse than me? Hope if you're talking about yest game we were very lucky. Last season we beat teams superior what we bit so far Newcastle Norwich and palace woopy. Don't care how many points we have it's how we got them and you tell me how I'm sure you have a different opinion like Firpo and Roberts. Last season we scored 4 and five goals some games and what have we done this season spend 15 mil Harrison same for firpo and 25 James should we not be improving on last season only the 2 dudes we brought it we got robbed as they signed on the highway.
    Larente probably our best defender hardly played last season yet this season has played the most game and still, we scored upon.
    easily.
    Last season the battling teams were awful eg Sheffield this season the bottom teams are scrambling points which puts us in the equation.
    Anyway we are going to agree to disagree so be it.

You on tablets worse than me? Hope if you're talking about yest game we were very lucky. Last season we beat teams superior what we bit so far Newcastle Norwich and palace woopy. Don't care how many points we have it's how we got them and you tell me how I'm sure you have a different opinion like Firpo and Roberts. Last season we scored 4 and five goals some games and what have we done this season spend 15 mil Harrison same for firpo and 25 James should we not be improving on last season only the 2 dudes we brought it we got robbed as they signed on the highway.
    Larente probably our best defender hardly played last season yet this season has played the most game and still, we scored upon.
    easily.
    Last season the battling teams were awful eg Sheffield this season the bottom teams are scrambling points which puts us in the equation.
    Anyway we are going to agree to disagree so be it.
    Now now Oz play nice - just have a look at the results list last year - whilst it was all shiny and new we forgot we had periods where we weren’t great and couldn’t score.

Difference being we got a couple of wins early doors and a point against City so what then followed we kind of forget not least as we ended the season so well.

The results weren’t all brilliant in Oct/Nov//Dec 2020.

Now now Oz play nice - just have a look at the results list last year - whilst it was all shiny and new we forgot we had periods where we weren’t great and couldn’t score.

Difference being we got a couple of wins early doors and a point against City so what then followed we kind of forget not least as we ended the season so well.

The results weren’t all brilliant in Oct/Nov//Dec 2020.
    No, I didn't say we were brilliant and for the first season back wasn't bad even though mainly our championship side plus raph got us there. Last season like you said we were ok so what did we do to improve tell me? Firpo and James! We refuse to play players in positions even though they are good players eg drahma and we don't have a striker supposably Roberts And Rodrigo are.
    You keep bringing up last season well let me tell you if it isn't for Meslier the state of play will be much much worse than it shows.
    Don't forget last season we finished with a bang lets see if we can emulate that.

No, I didn't say we were brilliant and for the first season back wasn't bad even though mainly our championship side plus raph got us there. Last season like you said we were ok so what did we do to improve tell me? Firpo and James! We refuse to play players in positions even though they are good players eg drahma and we don't have a striker supposably Roberts And Rodrigo are.
    You keep bringing up last season well let me tell you if it isn't for Meslier the state of play will be much much worse than it shows.
    Don't forget last season we finished with a bang lets see if we can emulate that.

NO we are not playing like last season, we would be obliterated if we did, we are in the middle of a transformation of style and tactics, its obvious he is trying to find the winning formation and give MB some room and he will find it, 100% sure. What’s it with this instant success?…..it ain’t happening. It’s a new season, forget the last, we concentrate on how to handle ourselves this time out….thats what he is trying to do, can you not see this?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)