+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Leeds United - v - Crystal Palace ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    NO we are not playing like last season, we would be obliterated if we did, we are in the middle of a transformation of style and tactics, its obvious he is trying to find the winning formation and give MB some room and he will find it, 100% sure. What’s it with this instant success?…..it ain’t happening. It’s a new season, forget the last, we concentrate on how to handle ourselves this time out….thats what he is trying to do, can you not see this?
    Like it or not last season was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Like it or not last season was a success.

It was mate and I loved it! As football stands these days it was a fantastic achievement.

Not like the 64/65 season though. First crack of the div1 we lost the league on goal difference (scum) and lost the FA cup final after extra time (L’pool) ……had a good few years after though!!

Too bad no fans last season it would have been jumping. We have to approach this season differently and that’s what I think is putting da cat amon’ tow pigeons. Lets hope (we will) MB gets it right. Top Cat

ALAW.

Have a look at the table and the goals difference from about 6 or 7th - strange old season 😎

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Have a look at the table and the goals difference from about 6 or 7th - strange old season 😎
    Actually outside the Top 4 no team has a positive goal difference 5th and 6th on 0 bonkers

Didn't follow the prem that much when we were in Lg1 or championship so don't have a lot knowledge but it seems that the disparity in the top teams is much greater than most years? Chelski, Citeh, Lpool are just so much better than the rest of the teams.

If there is going to be a team that competes with any of these I'd say it's WHU but they've looked pretty average lately. I really don't think scum are that good for the amount of money they've splashed (although they have our number) and Arsenal seem soft. Tottenham could surprise. They have a solid team and Conte may get them to gel.

I think the bees game is huge for how the rest of the season is going to play out as well as what we do in the transfer window. The palace win was very big but Brentford probably dictates whether we have a positive season or just survive.

Brentford do like to attack so maybe we can hit them on the counter when we win the ball back 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Have a look at the table and the goals difference from about 6 or 7th - strange old season ��
    Have a look at the other leagues the same thing is happenning

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Have a look at the other leagues the same thing is happenning
    I did and not so much 😎

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    It was mate and I loved it! As football stands these days it was a fantastic achievement.

Not like the 64/65 season though. First crack of the div1 we lost the league on goal difference (scum) and lost the FA cup final after extra time (L’pool) ……had a good few years after though!!

Too bad no fans last season it would have been jumping. We have to approach this season differently and that’s what I think is putting da cat amon’ tow pigeons. Lets hope (we will) MB gets it right. Top Cat

ALAW.
    My first season as a Leeds United fan.... the Bridesmaid label stuck for a number of years ( well for ever actually from Molineux to Greece via Paris) mixed with some brilliant success but shocking lack of investment on what Revie had created.... it's the first time we have owners who realise what Leeds United is, they will/have make mistakes but they wont be selling McQueen, Jordan, Cantona type stuff.. it's all good it's all White

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)