+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Crystal Palace ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Table suddenly looks a little easier on the eye!
    Phew!!!! Needed that mate. It’s coming together … never in any doubt! A big win won’t hurt anyones confidence eh.

Well done LEEDS.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Table suddenly looks a little easier on the eye!
    Don't matter how bad we are others are in the same space. The teams that take their chances rather than rely on others will survive.
    Foreshaw for me was amazing for a player who has been out for 2 years to come back like that is incredible and full credit to him.
    You need luck sometimes in football and no doubt we got it today with the goal line save and a miss from benteke how missed that was surreal. Selections again baffling but it is what it is.

Cant believe what a good player Forshaw is, hes like a new signing!!

Firpo has no business playing football, i thought they just played Baseball in the Dom Rep? looks like a dodgy Pachuco.

Huge relief to get 3 points last night and its never done the easy way with the Leeds is it lads

MOT

P.S. 3 points against Brentford and we may even start talking about Europe

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Cant believe what a good player Forshaw is, hes like a new signing!!

Firpo has no business playing football, i thought they just played Baseball in the Dom Rep? looks like a dodgy Pachuco.
    My sentiments exactly. Hard to believe that someone who barely played in the Championship, and didn't play for almost 2 years due to injury, can now play premier league football. Bielsa stuck with him through it all. Amazing. I truly believe other managers would have given up 6 months ago. Bielsa truly is a different type of manager. Quite mad though.
    I believe that even with Ayling and Barndoor, we will continue to struggle (only slightly less) because we do not have a left back. We play man to man marking every where so firpo as left back has to mark closely up and down pitch. And importantly, not let someone get past. Alioski did not allow anyone to get past him. Not always the best marker but much better than Firpo. Only encouraging thing is he seems to be linking up quite well with James.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Hard to believe that someone who barely played in the Championship, and didn't play for almost 2 years due to injury, can now play premier league football. Bielsa stuck with him through it all. Amazing. I truly believe other managers would have given up 6 months ago. Bielsa truly is a different type of manager. Quite mad though.
    I believe that even with Ayling and Barndoor, we will continue to struggle (only slightly less) because we do not have a left back. We play man to man marking every where so firpo as left back has to mark closely up and down pitch. And importantly, not let someone get past. Alioski did not allow anyone to get past him. Not always the best marker but much better than Firpo. Only encouraging thing is he seems to be linking up quite well with James.
    Firpo got better as the game wore on. Looked decent going forward and a good tackle on Zaha.

Roberts seems to be playing pretty well too - lots of effort and starting to be more consistent.

If anyone can bring the best out of them sure it is MB and his team. Firpo probably needs a run of games and a big arm around his shoulders.

If the results go our way tonight we could leapfrog another couple of teams at the weekend.

Greenwood seems to be ripping it up in u23 wonder if he may get a PL debut soon too.

Predicted a 1-1 draw. Very happy to lose.

the stop by Meslier was spectacular. that's the worst for a keeper when you have to shift and jump back against your body.

Firpo looked better and Roberts was solid the second half. Not sure why he couldn't come out like that in the first half.

James caused them issue. The guy has pace and makes defenders nervous.

wish one of the U-23's got a shot each game. we have enough in the pipeline and could use the energy.

If we can avoid more mass injuries in the new year then we should pick up form and points and be safe I think.

Koch coming back will be like having a new signing he has been out for so long.

With Bamford back should mean James and Raph on the wings which should be a scary prospect for a lot of teams with Bamf holding the ball or dragging defences out of position.

Would be nice if Roberts could grab a goal too as may do a power of good for his confidence.

When all is said and done, same number of games….we are only 2 points back then where we were last season. 2 points.

👍

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)