+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Set Pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    Shades of the Masson-Stubbs combination from dead-ball kicks many winters ago. Inch-perfect delivery to the head of a fairly unstoppable force like Stubbsy.
    Not forgetting David Needham.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Not forgetting David Needham.
    And Les Bradd. Being around when Masson invariably put the ball in the danger zone and we had players like Stubbs, Needham and Bradd to get on the end of them will always be a favourite Notts memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And Les Bradd. Being around when Masson invariably put the ball in the danger zone and we had players like Stubbs, Needham and Bradd to get on the end of them will always be a favourite Notts memory.
    Well said Elite. Oversight on my part.

Will be interesting to see these stats at the end of this season. I would expect it to improve a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Also Barker and Cozens and Hateley second time round. We had a big side in those days. I remember a cup tie at Leicester when we lost 2-0 but played really well and were unlucky to lose. You could stand with the opposing fans then and they couldn't believe the size of our team.

I've added a goals conceded scatter plan to the website now on the 'players' page below the goals scored scatter plan. Hover over the dots to see goal information. Will include this in all future match reports.

https://www.nottscountystats.com/cop...layers-2020-21

Looks like this . . .

Name:  goals conceded.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  7.4 KB

Looks like the majority of goals conceded are in and around the six yard box.

Here's another one for you.

Table below shows percentage of goals scored from non-penalty set pieces so far this season. I've removed penalties from this because it kind of blurs the data a bit, and not to mention Chessie have scored 7 already this season!

As you can see Notts converting a creditable 27.59% of their goals from corners and free kicks. The league average is 14.34.

Name:  non penalty set piece goals scored.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  13.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Here's another one for you.

Table below shows percentage of goals scored from non-penalty set pieces so far this season. I've removed penalties from this because it kind of blurs the data a bit, and not to mention Chessie have scored 7 already this season!

As you can see Notts converting a creditable 27.59% of their goals from corners and free kicks. The league average is 14.34.

Name:  non penalty set piece goals scored.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  13.1 KB
    Yes, but for every goal we score from a set piece the opposition usually score either one or two...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Yes, but for every goal we score from a set piece the opposition usually score either one or two...
    The thread shows that we’re averaging 0.55 goals per game from set pieces this season and only conceding 0.36.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast