+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Pieces

Set Pieces

Have posted this on Twitter/FB etc.

Was asked about goals from set pieces this season. Chart below showing every set piece goal from 50 games last season compared to so far this season. last season we were scoring at 0.38 per game, this season already at 0.55 per game.

Name:  set_pieces.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  16.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Have posted this on Twitter/FB etc.

Was asked about goals from set pieces this season. Chart below showing every set piece goal from 50 games last season compared to so far this season. last season we were scoring at 0.38 per game, this season already at 0.55 per game.

Name:  set_pieces.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  16.2 KB
    Excellent.
    Those penalties are due...it's been a while. They'll probably come along like the proverbial buses, 3 in 3 games.

Would you agree on the reasons a) improved delivery....Palmer, Roberts and co strike a great ball b) the new coach c) having Cameron - just doesn't go up there to make up the numbers, actually wins it and can hit the target!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Excellent.
    Those penalties are due...it's been a while. They'll probably come along like the proverbial buses, 3 in 3 games.

Would you agree on the reasons a) improved delivery....Palmer, Roberts and co strike a great ball b) the new coach c) having Cameron - just doesn't go up there to make up the numbers, actually wins it and can hit the target!
    I think having Palmer and Roberts taking corners is a big upgrade on Doyle! Also a couple of other things from last season, Ruben didn't get loads of game time early on but when he did he showed signs of just how good a header of the ball he is (think Chessie away and not Daggers on saturday!). Also, Ellis gave us the aerial threat at the end of last season that Cameron gives us now. In fact I'd say Cameron is a bigger threat.

We are scoring at a higher rate and some credit has to be given to Alex Clapham in making sure we attack set pieces using our strengths so Cameron from corners, Ruben and Roberts from free kicks etc. I know it sounds obvious but it still had to be done.

When I get chance I'll try to add some more data around the corner/free kick takers as well as scorer's. Then when I've done that I'll look at the defensive side of things, maybe this weekend as there is no game for us.

I think having Palmer and Roberts taking corners is a big upgrade on Doyle! Also a couple of other things from last season, Ruben didn't get loads of game time early on but when he did he showed signs of just how good a header of the ball he is (think Chessie away and not Daggers on saturday!). Also, Ellis gave us the aerial threat at the end of last season that Cameron gives us now. In fact I'd say Cameron is a bigger threat.

We are scoring at a higher rate and some credit has to be given to Alex Clapham in making sure we attack set pieces using our strengths so Cameron from corners, Ruben and Roberts from free kicks etc. I know it sounds obvious but it still had to be done.

When I get chance I'll try to add some more data around the corner/free kick takers as well as scorer's. Then when I've done that I'll look at the defensive side of things, maybe this weekend as there is no game for us.
    Thanks for this OG. Very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    Thanks for this OG. Very much appreciated
    No worries, thanks.

No worries, thanks.
    After reading about your antics back in the day I want to stay in your good books

Yeah thanks OG. You're the antidote to the psychobabble that passes as Notts discussion on most places. Actual coverage of what the players/team do with the ball rather than hocus pocus about 'under the radar', pressure, being 'hard', superstitions and what have you...

Most of those corner goals coming from exactly the same routine - the chip to Cameron attacking it at the far post! Really simple but teams can’t seem to defend against it, Dagenham struggled all game.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Most of those corner goals coming from exactly the same routine - the chip to Cameron attacking it at the far post! Really simple but teams can’t seem to defend against it, Dagenham struggled all game.
    This is where the new coach will earn his corn, counters to the oppo's attempts to stop it. And plays like the one at Rochdale, attack a space at the near post instead.
    As OG said, it's all based on a much improved delivery this year. No reason why it shouldn't continue.

Awesome stuff.

Do you have similar for goals conceded?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast