+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: v Motherwell (A)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Was anyone good tonight Terry?
    Watson wasn't bad when he came on. Defensively we were pretty good, Benji never actually had that much to do and was only beaten by a wonder goal. McMann has set himself really high standards since he came and I just thought he wasn't at that level last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Why the feck were we still trying to the play the ball about (like it was a dry sunny day) for the last 10-15mins, when it was clear the ball was sticking in the many puddles all over the park. Get the ball forward and into their box, or get a shot away at any opportunity. Naive or what??
    That's exactly the issue, from very early on it was clear you couldn't play football on that pitch. Get it long and direct and make their defenders have to deal with the ball and make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    That's exactly the issue, from very early on it was clear you couldn't play football on that pitch. Get it long and direct and make their defenders have to deal with the ball and make mistakes.
    When they went down to 10 was the worst. It was driving me crazy the way we were trying to paty the ball about between defenders with the pitch like that.

BTW, I think their red card was caused by the pitch. It really wasn't safe for the players at that point but there was only a few minutes to go so you can understand the officials carrying on.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    When they went down to 10 was the worst. It was driving me crazy the way we were trying to paty the ball about between defenders with the pitch like that.

BTW, I think their red card was caused by the pitch. It really wasn't safe for the players at that point but there was only a few minutes to go so you can understand the officials carrying on.
    If the score was level I don't think the ref would have finished the game

Not sticking Edwards up front especially when we had the extra man was a bit of a head scratcher but is Tam too much of a modern style coach to do an old skool move? you couldn't play possession football on that surface so why not do a Durnan? Maybe a more experienced manager would have done it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Not sticking Edwards up front especially when we had the extra man was a bit of a head scratcher but is Tam too much of a modern style coach to do an old skool move? you couldn't play possession football on that surface so why not do a Durnan? Maybe a more experienced manager would have done it though.
    Blaming every defeat or point dropped on TC being innexperienced is a bit unfair. Thats not aimed at you but i see it all the time. He can take some blame for last night but generally the players were ****ing awful and it shows our squad is paper thin. We are desperate for a big striker too IMO. Worst bunch of strikers ive seen at the club.

That midfield last night was lightweight and a disgrace tbh. Harkes and Hoti hid all night and Glass can not be relied upon yet to carry out the role Courts is expecting from him. Some signings needed.

Harkes was apparently suffering from illness but played through it.

Last night goes some way to show that without our main two in midfield, the rest just aren't good enough to carry the can. Unfortunately for us, those two I mention will be away at the end of the season.
    Last edited by tHeArAb; 01-12-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Tbf Harkes played through illness last night and it's not his fault Fuchs, Levitt and especially Butcher aren't there

Let's hope we have atleast one of Fuchs or Levitt ready for Sunday as like I say, they have a tough game Thurs night then have to come to us early Sunday, we need a Sevco at home type showing, I honestly think we can get something if we have a couple of those players available, we have extra recovery time now

Maybe they looked at it as an option but preferred not to - I don't know- but given our extreme difficulties in the middle pre game with Fuchs, Levitt, Butcher and as we now know effectively Harkes (illness) all out, could consideration not have been given to starting Kerr Smith (or even Reynolds) at CH and playing Mulgrew in midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Tbf Harkes played through illness last night and it's not his fault Fuchs, Levitt and especially Butcher aren't there

Let's hope we have atleast one of Fuchs or Levitt ready for Sunday as like I say, they have a tough game Thurs night then have to come to us early Sunday, we need a Sevco at home type showing, I honestly think we can get something if we have a couple of those players available, we have extra recovery time now
    I'd rather not rush any of the injured players back for Sunday, I'd hold them back for Livvy at home the following Saturday. That's a more important game. Sunday is a free hit and one we would be massive underdogs in even if we were at full strength.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)