+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: v Motherwell (A)

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We are where we deserve to be on merit doing better than 8 others, we deserved at least a draw at home to St Johnstone in the end, the last min equaliser by County deserved or not has given the support a quick feeling of gloom, crazy, shows a fragility in the mind of many fans, if we get bodies back like Fuchs etc and give it a go I'll be disappointed not to get something on Sunday, whether it's considered a free hit or not, we are the only side who has gone toe to toe with them at Celtic Park this season as opposed to camping in and it was 0-1 and 0-0 at Tannadice last term so tight

Going through each team in the league, the only one team that has got the better of us upto now is Hearts (L home L away)

Sevco (W home)
    Celtic (D away)
    Motherwell (W home L away)
    Hibernian (W away)
    St Mirren (D away)
    Aberdeen (L away W home)
    St Johnstone (W away L home)
    Livingston (D away)
    Dundee (W home)
    Ross County (W home D away)
    The two loses at the Deech are disappointing as we should always be looking to win these home games especially against teams outwith the erse cheeks. Games away from home are always a lottery, even a draw is a great result and winning away is brilliant. Was disappointed last night to see the team continually trying to play a passing game on a sodden, almost waterlogged pitch. That should have been hoofing game all day long and the lads have shown they can handle a wee bit of rough housing. All being said, we’ve done well up to now and just need to get stuck in again and I’m sure the results will come back in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Aye OK... Says MMs biggest fan boy Lol

Nothing mental about what I said, pretty well informed at usual

I'm right more often than not that's for sure, certainly right my thoughts this season compared to the majority, who had us down like we were in a league of galacticos

No surprise to see a few ready to jump all over a couple iffy performances away from home while missing our best midfielders

We are 4th on merit, this is wee lean spell, we will have another good spell in the near future once the squad settles down when we have our core midfield back, hopefully at get something Sunday, if not we have a run of like 5/6 games in the city with four at Tannadice before the break
    Haha...the MM stuff is mostly tongue in cheek lol but you keep spouting out your stats that suits your agenda and ignore the fact that it's 1 win in 6 and 3rd bottom of the form league as tHeArAb has pointed out and we've not played consistently well since Hibs away👍

If you rank our central midfielders its most likely this:

1 Fuchs
    2 Levitt
    3 Harkes
    4 Butcher
    5 Glass
    6 Hoti

So on Tuesday night we had to play our 3rd, 5th and 6th choice midfielders (and our 3rd choice apparently shouldn't even had been playing due to illness). I think any team is going to struggle having to play that level of depth in midfield (nobody is going to have a top class 6th choice midfielder, no matter who they are).

We really need Fuchs or Levitt back for Sunday. If one is back then straight away its strengthened if we have to play Fuchs (1), Harkes (3) and Butcher (4)

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post

1 Fuchs
    2 Levitt
    3 Harkes
    4 Butcher
    5 Glass
    6 Hoti

So on Tuesday night we had to play our 3rd, 5th and 6th choice midfielders (and our 3rd choice apparently shouldn't even had been playing due to illness). I think any team is going to struggle having to play that level of depth in midfield (nobody is going to have a top class 6th choice midfielder, no matter who they are).

We really need Fuchs or Levitt back for Sunday. If one is back then straight away its strengthened if we have to play Fuchs (1), Harkes (3) and Butcher (4)
    I totally agree with that. Honestly I'm surprised we only got beat by one goal, probably the conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post

1 Fuchs
    2 Levitt
    3 Harkes
    4 Butcher
    5 Glass
    6 Hoti

I would like to argue against either Fuchs or Levitt being brought back in against Celtic, just in case its too early and they get injured again. Too many games coming up where it can be argued their presence is required.

I dont think its fair that the players are ordered in a list and would rather look at it that our first pick is Levitt, Fuchs, Harkes(and Niskanen, Pawlett?), where they are equal because they fill different roles, then depending on which one is injured, Butcher is first reserve and the pack may be shuffled. Listening to what TC has said though, if he has a player that he thinks will do a job, he will be put in like Glass was v Hibs. Hoti for me is too young to be rated but i think has done quite well when called upon.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Agree with this. Hoping we can see what Maxime Biamou can do before the end of December because we need a striker so badly.
    Give him a start on Sunday with strict orders, rough those phukkers up. The whole team needs to get stuck right in from the start and not let them settle into any kind of rhythm, do that and we might just get a decent result, sit back and try to play a nice wee passing game and we’ll get horsed. ‘Mon The Terrors

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Haha...the MM stuff is mostly tongue in cheek lol but you keep spouting out your stats that suits your agenda and ignore the fact that it's 1 win in 6 and 3rd bottom of the form league as tHeArAb has pointed out and we've not played consistently well since Hibs away👍
    Form table will fluctuate all season, obviously we'll have a spell near the bottom during a lean spell with injuries and majority away games

Pointing out that only one team has got the better of us so far this season in the head to heads isn't spouting out, it's just pointing out what has in reality took place since August

Accuracy, informed educated opinion and facts, yes I'll stick to my balanced 'agenda', you feel free to revel in the glass half full side of things and the random insults when another poster was replying to me

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)