+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry is Huge

I know it is often misused and misquoted but surely the often quoted

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, springs to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I know it is often misused and misquoted but surely the often quoted

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, springs to mind!
    I agree. Things would look a lot rosier if the players applied themselves fully, concentrated on the task in hand, passed to their teammates and got a few shots on target. It would certainly make a change from their current wayward passes and blazing the ball into the crowd.

Honestly, it's not the system or the style of play that's our biggest problem. It's the pansies posing as professionals because they allegedly don't like the boss. The original system required them to close the opposition down.

Apparently they can't be @rsed so currently it seems we're stuck between two styles of play. Neither calls on them to miss control the ball, shin it over the bar or try to decapitate imaginary mosquitoes three quarters of the way down the pitch though.

At some point the players are going to have to accept a bit of personal and professional responsibility. At the same time a growing number of our support base need to accept it's not all down to Big Bad Val' or the diminutive one too.

Too many times players lean back when the shoot, drives me mad

I also agree with a lot of your observations '68. However, this is the problem; too many separate issues. An owner who is not interested, a board who haven't a clue, a one directional coach, players who are not performing. All this leads to one thing, poor performances and results.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The team with the most desire, heart and fighting for the club badge will win! That’s three points to Coventry then!

FOL
    Beat me to it Al .

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Also we do have some very good players at this division
    We should play to their strengths
    Players like Diangana and Robinson play well of balls into feet and quick interchanges into the last third
    I heard so much about a hard working high pressing team I don’t see a lot of that either certainly not in a way that makes the opposition panic at the back or lump it or that we win back possession quickly

I just don’t get what he’s trying to do other than lump it into the box at all opportunity from whatever angle you can which is not playing to our strengths at all
    Adapt to your surroundings Val, problem is we are giving him and the squad a get out of jail free card by blaming the owner so they can just have an excuse for not doing well this season

I’m 100% behind getting rid of Lai he’s absolutely shafted us, selling Periera for pittance, getting rid of Hegazi out of the blue crazy

But I think we have a team which could be doing well in this division, I know we are third but we are dropping not rising, and like I said I think that giving the manager and players an excuse to fail will not help us at all

Mick, Al you guys have people working for you and you have to motivate them
    Do you agree when you give people an excuse to under perform most will do just that, it’s the ones that have pride and self motivation that will continue to do well, but I suspect the modern day footballer doesn’t have these traits as they will continue to be able to buy cars, buy fancy clothes and shag birds etc etc even if we don’t go up

Good post BS - it’s a lot harder to motivate staff on £10/15 but if footballers can’t be motivated on 20 grand plus a week they need to do one! 68 did a good post later in the thread!

There’s a cocktail of wrongs - lack of quality in the squad - no striker - players not buying into Val’s style and players thinking they are better than they are. I would say we don’t have one player who is Premier class now!

The Board are clueless and will hang Val out to dry and the owner a complete disgrace!

I would question Val over a few things including not bringing in youngsters but he must feel like packing his bags! Easier to motivate younger hungry players and those who are not star struck like Barnsley last year!

I hate player power which ultimately finished Pepe Mel so any players like that can f uck off for me!

I predict if we lose at Coventry then the large away following will turn on both the Board and Val.

The club is disgracefully run at the moment and like Blood said - Snodgrass was another poor signing - he’s injury prone and seen better days!

Who does our recruitment? A white guy with a stick?

The owner needs to go for me before a manager as honestly don’t think anyone will do much with this squad! It’s easier to motivate youngsters like those at Coventry as they will go the extra mile to impress. Some of ours such as Ajayi - Livermore - Snodgrass - Hugill - Phillips are complete s hite! Diangana and Grant are completely lazy and don’t do much!

Worrying that Clarke and Mowatt have gone off the boil too! Bring in some youngsters as they can’t do any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    An excellent post BS. I totally agree with you that we have one of the better squads in the division. Vi just seems to have one way of playing with no other option. If you don't have the players to play this way, there is no point, so play to the strengths of the players that you have got. His substitutions are also so predictable. Not impressed!
    Hardly rocket science is it
    But coaches n managers need to blag n bull5hit to warrant their wages

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good post BS - it’s a lot harder to motivate staff on £10/15 but if footballers can’t be motivated on 20 grand plus a week they need to do one! 68 did a good post later in the thread!

There’s a cocktail of wrongs - lack of quality in the squad - no striker - players not buying into Val’s style and players thinking they are better than they are. I would say we don’t have one player who is Premier class now!

The Board are clueless and will hang Val out to dry and the owner a complete disgrace!

I would question Val over a few things including not bringing in youngsters but he must feel like packing his bags! Easier to motivate younger hungry players and those who are not star struck like Barnsley last year!

I hate player power which ultimately finished Pepe Mel so any players like that can f uck off for me!

I predict if we lose at Coventry then the large away following will turn on both the Board and Val.

The club is disgracefully run at the moment and like Blood said - Snodgrass was another poor signing - he’s injury prone and seen better days!

Who does our recruitment? A white guy with a stick?

The owner needs to go for me before a manager as honestly don’t think anyone will do much with this squad! It’s easier to motivate youngsters like those at Coventry as they will go the extra mile to impress. Some of ours such as Ajayi - Livermore - Snodgrass - Hugill - Phillips are complete s hite! Diangana and Grant are completely lazy and don’t do much!

Worrying that Clarke and Mowatt have gone off the boil too! Bring in some youngsters as they can’t do any worse!

Blooding the youngsters can be done alongside winning games so we should def try it

Hope you’re keeping well mate

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Blooding the youngsters can be done alongside winning games so we should def try it

Hope you’re keeping well mate

Lose to Coventry and all hell will let loose! Better days than bad days and was looking forward to taking the daughter to Florida just after Christmas but looking very unlikely with what's going on. Hope your daughter is doing well!

Coventry City (and many others around us in the table) show what can be achieved in The Championship without spending a 'fortune.' Their squad value is about a third of ours and so is their wage bill. We have numerous bench warmers earning more than their top earner. I would love to see us recruit well from the lower leagues (Townsend anyone) hungry ambitious players.

This of course only works if we recruit well. I see our recruitment and the team responsible as a bigger problem than either lack of investment or the ability manager.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)