+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry is Huge

Coventry is Huge

We could drop out of the top six if we lose at Coventry. Also with a sell out 4500 travelling supporters this could be the straw that breaks the camels back if we put in another s hit performance!

I have heard protests are to start at 13.30 around the East Stand against Reading for Lai and the Board to do one!

If player power is around as suggested then those players causing a problem should be immediately dropped and banished to the reserves. No time for it!

FOL ( f uck off Lai )

It’s got defeat written all over it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s got defeat written all over it mate.

I agree - don’t think the players have the desire and there’s no quality anyway

Another thing that won't help is John Sillett passing away today, i think it will totally change the atmosphere in the ground and probably make them even more determined to win.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Another thing that won't help is John Sillett passing away today, i think it will totally change the atmosphere in the ground and probably make them even more determined to win.

The team with the most desire, heart and fighting for the club badge will win! That’s three points to Coventry then!

FOL

Winning mentality, difficult to teach maybe it’s in the genes, you either have it or not.
    There is a sense of inevitability about the game.
    If we did not have such an appalling shots to goals ratio we could easily have been in third and only 3 points behind 2 place only taking the last three games into consideration.
    Last edited by wbaliquidator; 30-11-2021 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    We could drop out of the top six if we lose at Coventry. Also with a sell out 4500 travelling supporters this could be the straw that breaks the camels back if we put in another s hit performance!

I have heard protests are to start at 13.30 around the East Stand against Reading for Lai and the Board to do one!

If player power is around as suggested then those players causing a problem should be immediately dropped and banished to the reserves. No time for it!

FOL ( f uck off Lai )
    Alright Al, I hope your health is good mate.

I read about this protest in article about Adrian Goldberg agreeing that we should peacefully protest.

Knowing us though it will he one man and his dog will turn up, with the man going to greggs when it gets too cold for him.

On an aside maybe a more media and child friendly "go away lai " maybe more palatable than FOL for all ages and sensibilities.

Surely this is the managers job to motivate and come up with tactics and a game plan to make his team feel they can win the games ahead of them

Isn’t this the fella that worked miracles at Barnsley with a much worse squad

I’ve heard nothing from him in any interview that gives me confidence that he’s really good coach or manager

Some of his selections and preplanned ideas just seem crackers to me

Also we do have some very good players at this division
    We should play to their strengths
    Players like Diangana and Robinson play well of balls into feet and quick interchanges into the last third
    I heard so much about a hard working high pressing team I don’t see a lot of that either certainly not in a way that makes the opposition panic at the back or lump it or that we win back possession quickly

I just don’t get what he’s trying to do other than lump it into the box at all opportunity from whatever angle you can which is not playing to our strengths at all
    Adapt to your surroundings Val, problem is we are giving him and the squad a get out of jail free card by blaming the owner so they can just have an excuse for not doing well this season

I’m 100% behind getting rid of Lai he’s absolutely shafted us, selling Periera for pittance, getting rid of Hegazi out of the blue crazy

But I think we have a team which could be doing well in this division, I know we are third but we are dropping not rising, and like I said I think that giving the manager and players an excuse to fail will not help us at all

Mick, Al you guys have people working for you and you have to motivate them
    Do you agree when you give people an excuse to under perform most will do just that, it’s the ones that have pride and self motivation that will continue to do well, but I suspect the modern day footballer doesn’t have these traits as they will continue to be able to buy cars, buy fancy clothes and shag birds etc etc even if we don’t go up

An excellent post BS. I totally agree with you that we have one of the better squads in the division. Vi just seems to have one way of playing with no other option. If you don't have the players to play this way, there is no point, so play to the strengths of the players that you have got. His substitutions are also so predictable. Not impressed!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)