+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham v Yeovil

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    2-0
    This league is so tight and all the teams are going to drop points along the way

That’s true, but all the promoted teams from this division seem to hit a rich vein of form for a long spell. By a long spell, I’m talking around a third of the season where they don’t drop many points. Any team that can do that will probably claim the automatic spot.

I hope it’s us, but consistency hasn’t been our strong point.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Only five points separate Halifax in third and Yeovil in 10th. Cheaterfield and Boreham Wood are the only sides who have lost fewer than four times (once and twice, respectively).
    Yes and it’s surely only going to be a matter of time before Cheaterfurlough and Boring Wood lose. They are both slightly above 2 points a game at the moment.

Grimsby went running off in front and have gone off course, so did Dagenham. Bromley have lost two in a row and have slid down.

Likewise Stockport, Yeovil and even Barnet have all won four out the last five. The former two are closing in on us.

The league is very competitive and even the best teams can and will slip up just like we have done. That’s why so many teams can be in a shout of the playoffs. Likewise the poorer sides can also beat the best on their day. No doubt plenty of twists and turns to come.

It’s building up to making a very interesting second half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That’s true, but all the promoted teams from this division seem to hit a rich vein of form for a long spell. By a long spell, I’m talking around a third of the season where they don’t drop many points. Any team that can do that will probably claim the automatic spot.

We are consistently inconsistent!

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We are consistently inconsistent!
    We have an opportunity over the next few weeks to close the gap at the top, with very winnable games. Chesterfield’s next 3 games are Grimsby, Notts and Halifax. 3 of the current top 5.
    Downside to that, is if Chesterfield pick up 9 points they are likely to create a gap at the top and gain a lot momentum and confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Over the last 8 games we have played Yeovil, Stockport, Bromley, Grimsby, Solihull, Borehamwood, Dagenham and Eastleigh. W5 D2 L1

8 games - 17 points. More than the magical 2 points per game everyone says we need for automatic promotion.

I'm very happy.

It's a very enjoyable and intriguing season so far.

There's a sense that we've got a couple more gears/levels to reach yet - being No.1 in some statistical categories, spurning the chances we do create, and potential to click even more if we can keep a settled side.

At the same time, it also feels fragile - loss of form, or injuries to key individuals could send us toppling down the table. Most games are highly competitive and if you're not on it, you're going to lose.

We're certainly getting our money's worth. It's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's a very enjoyable and intriguing season so far.

There's a sense that we've got a couple more gears/levels to reach yet - being No.1 in some statistical categories, spurning the chances we do create, and potential to click even more if we can keep a settled side.

At the same time, it also feels fragile - loss of form, or injuries to key individuals could send us toppling down the table. Most games are highly competitive and if you're not on it, you're going to lose.

We're certainly getting our money's worth. It's a lot of fun.
    I'd suggest that's a great summing up as to where we are at and what the NL is like this season. Whichever way it goes I'm confident of a Top 7 finish.

Shame I'm not witnessing more of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'd suggest that's a great summing up as to where we are at and what the NL is like this season. Whichever way it goes I'm confident of a Top 7 finish.

Shame I'm not witnessing more of the fun.
    After a couple of months of being able to attend every match, I'm now back in your situation, laddo

Another thing about this season - it's a very likeable group of players and the way that they support and cheer on each other makes you like them even more.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Another thing about this season - it's a very likeable group of players and the way that they support and cheer on each other makes you like them even more.
    I think it's something that's endemic throughout the club right now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast