+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham v Yeovil

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We are not going to get automatic promotion.

it's the 1st week in December and there are any one of a number of teams that could finish top. Why not NCFC?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Any comment on the stats I posted?

17 points from the last 8 games, including most of the top teams.
    The table tells us our points from 18 games

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    it's the 1st week in December and there are any one of a number of teams that could finish top. Why not NCFC?
    Very true and i hope it is. But we have to do better from now on in. Against the bottom 3 sides, actually win, and not get draws , and stop the occasional bad defeat like Eastleigh
    The good news for Notts is, we have been average but are still in the mix, if we can get a good run , 1st is more than possibel, but the proverbial fly on the wll-will we ??

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    The table tells us our points from 18 games
    Read it in the context of Elite's post which I replied to which was about finding consistency. Maybe this is the start of that run he wrote about.

I suppose it depends on whether you are looking for positives or negatives though.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We are not going to get automatic promotion.
    Well that's certainly the safe bet with only the one automatic promotion spot on offer.

Do you think we will finish Top 6?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Well that's certainly the safe bet with only the one automatic promotion spot on offer.

Do you think we will finish Top 6?
    I should certainly think so Laddo, anything less than top 7, and Notts County,s failure would be complete

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I should certainly think so Laddo, anything less than top 7, and Notts County,s failure would be complete
    Internally I think top 3 is the target, we probably have the 4th or 5th best budget but the model the owners have is get in undervalued players and development so they will see success on overachieving budget.
    The flipside we come 2nd but don’t go up I do wonder if they believe that is failure as daft as it sounds, as the team will have overachieved for 44 games and possibly just then lost 1 game out of 2 in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    No rational reason as to why not. We are a good side for the level we are at.
    The last time we were promoted 09/10 with arguably our best squad for some time we were sat 6th after 21 games with 34 points. Rochdale were 13 points ahead.
    Ironically Chesterfield we’re also above us at that point.
    No one needs reminding of how that season panned out and there is no reason we can’t go on a run.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Internally I think top 3 is the target, we probably have the 4th or 5th best budget but the model the owners have is get in undervalued players and development so they will see success on overachieving budget.
    The flipside we come 2nd but don’t go up I do wonder if they believe that is failure as daft as it sounds, as the team will have overachieved for 44 games and possibly just then lost 1 game out of 2 in the playoffs.

in the last 3 seasons the key game that as defined our future and kept us in this crap league, is as follows

Relegation season, - the loss to Macclesfield
    Season 1 National League - loss to Harragate
    Season 2 National League - Loss to Torquay

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No rational reason as to why not. We are a good side for the level we are at.
    The last time we were promoted 09/10 with arguably our best squad for some time we were sat 6th after 21 games with 34 points. Rochdale were 13 points ahead.
    Ironically Chesterfield we’re also above us at that point.
    No one needs reminding of how that season panned out and there is no reason we can’t go on a run.
    The big difference that season was that we changed managers, at that point we were about 5th ( seems familiar) and Cotterill knew what he was doing, and notts shot up the table

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast