+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham v Yeovil

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    good call on the west ham match, they are doing well this season
    It was one of Bet365's free £5 bet offers, so delighted. This followed a 4 team accumulator including 2 draws midweek also in the PL. Usually a barren area for my sports betting but not this week £340 from a £6 stake.

just 4 points separating the top 8. Yes Wrexham go above us but we now have a game in hand on them. Bromley was a bit of a pain with the late goal. Forget everyone else. we are just 4 points off top with over half the season to go. Just chill and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It was one of Bet365's free £5 bet offers, so delighted. This followed a 4 team accumulator including 2 draws midweek also in the PL. Usually a barren area for my sports betting but not this week £340 from a £6 stake.
    I've had loads of Bet365's 'free £5 bet offer', and if you are a modest stakes punter they are a perfect example of why I have long said that gambling is far from a mug's game if you know what you are doing. They are usually for the Premiership or Champions League games in which I show little interest, but I've made a fair few quid from them in the past. I usually go for around a 5/2 shot and if they score first I cover my bet with other bookies at enhanced 'in play' odds to guarantee a profit. If they go behind, I accept my loss of £0.00 and wait for the next offer. It's a classic case of the old saying of 'heads you win, tails you don't lose'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've had loads of Bet365's 'free £5 bet offer', and if you are a modest stakes punter they are a perfect example of why I have long said that gambling is far from a mug's game if you know what you are doing. They are usually for the Premiership or Champions League games in which I show little interest, but I've made a fair few quid from them in the past. I usually go for around a 5/2 shot and if they score first I cover my bet with other bookies at enhanced 'in play' odds to guarantee a profit. If they go behind, I accept my loss of £0.00 and wait for the next offer. It's a classic case of the old saying of 'heads you win, tails you don't lose'.
    If it's only a £5 free stake I want to use it on something worth winning, something worth telling friends and NCM about, like today's £200. No point winning £12.50 not with prices around my way anyway, can't see the point tbh. But each to their own.

If it's £10 free bet i am far more conservative and go with the guaranteed win with a double bet, and sticking the £10 on the draw hoping to win the £25/30 whilst covering all 3 possible outcomes.

Will go big in terms of stake on single games, single horse races to win just make things interesting. Accumulators are tough when talking 4+ outcomes so keep stakes modest.

Only bet what won't upset you if you lose is my advice.

I've not deposited money in my account for well over 5 years but that's because I follow horse racing and American college football tips from a couple of very profitable sources. If it was left up to me on football alone and my knowledge nowadays I'd be depositing funds on an all too regular basis.

All a bit of fun, you only live once, no point being miserable

If it's only a £5 free stake I want to use it on something worth winning, something worth telling friends and NCM about, like today's £200. No point winning £12.50.
    Not my way of thinking at all, I don't need to tell friends or NCM about a win. My satisfaction comes from beating the bookies at their own game, so I think there is definitely a point about winning £12.50 when the potential loss is zero.

Not my way of thinking at all, I don't need to tell friends or NCM about a win. My satisfaction comes from beating the bookies at their own game, so I think there is definitely a point about winning £12.50 when the potential loss is zero.
    I'm not surprised you see winning £12.50 as beating the bookies.

Absolutely nothing wrong with guaranteeing a win by covering all bases as my example above showed gives you a chance to bet and lose the winnings elsewhere.

Personally at such small levels it wouldn't even register as a win let alone make me feel warm inside or tell anyone.

I need a bit of jeopardy, risk with my betting or I don't see the point. You would tell your friends and family about a 2 week trip to Sydney, Australia you probably wouldn't about a weekend in Skegness, Lincolnshire sums up my viewpoint.

As always, it's each to their own. Just make sure you gamble responsible and enjoy doing so whichever highlighted approach you adopt.

Back to Notts betting, the 5/6 offered and taken on Notts to finish Top 7 before a ball was kicked is sure looking good now the odds have hugely shortened to 1/5. Absolutely no value left in the current odds on offer.

Back to Notts betting, the 5/6 offered and taken on Notts to finish Top 7 before a ball was kicked is sure looking good now the odds have hugely shortened to 1/5. Absolutely no value left in the current odds on offer.
    Yes, it was me who told you about those odds.

The 1/5 now is ridiculously short, if Stockport win their game in hand we drop down to 8th. We could however overtake Wrexham with our game in hand on them, but it's very tight for the playoff places. The PPG table is interesting:

1. Chesterfield 2.12 PPG (GD+20)
    2. Boreham Wood 2.06 (+13)
    3. Halifax 1.94 (+12)
    4. Bromley 1.89 (+12)
    5. Grimsby 1.78 (+11)
    6. Notts 1.78 (+8)
    7. Solihull 1.78 (+4)
    8. Stockport 1.76 (+8)
    9. Wrexham 1.74 (+14)
    10 Yeovil 1.65 (+4)

We need to take advantage of some easier looking fixtures, because there's very little between 5th and 9th place.

Yes, it was me who told you about those odds.

The 1/5 now is ridiculously short, if Stockport win their game in hand we drop down to 8th. We could however overtake Wrexham with our game in hand on them, but it's very tight for the playoff places. The PPG table is interesting:

1. Chesterfield 2.12 PPG (GD+20)
    2. Boreham Wood 2.06 (+13)
    3. Halifax 1.94 (+12)
    4. Bromley 1.89 (+12)
    5. Grimsby 1.78 (+11)
    6. Notts 1.78 (+8)
    7. Solihull 1.78 (+4)
    8. Stockport 1.76 (+8)
    9. Wrexham 1.74 (+14)
    10 Yeovil 1.65 (+4)

We need to take advantage of some easier looking fixtures, because there's very little between 5th and 9th place.
    Just 4 points separating the top 8 at the moment. Hold on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Was it Elite? Thank you I thought they were generous odds hence my £120 season long bet.

My Chesterfield for title bet at 10/1 is also looking rather good currently but bad news for them is I very rarely correctly predict a side to win a league in English football so expect them to finish 2nd.

Just noticed that Chesterfield won at Salford in the FA Cup, but then again who would lose a cup game at Salford? Hopefully they will get a prime draw for the next round which could make them lose focus on the bread and butter stuff.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast