+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham v Yeovil

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    in the last 3 seasons the key game that as defined our future and kept us in this crap league, is as follows

Relegation season, - the loss to Macclesfield
    Season 1 National League - loss to Harragate
    Season 2 National League - Loss to Torquay
    Well the first one hurt and was a dose of realism of the mess we were in but there were awful performances from start to finish.

2nd 2, we’ll that’s just the play offs, it happens, there’s been very good teams over the years that have failed and more than once or more, a lot is luck either with all players being at it that game or in game luck.

I should certainly think so Laddo, anything less than top 7, and Notts County,s failure would be complete
    One major bookmaker offering just 1/5 on Notts finishing Top 7 so they are even more confident than I am of a play off position finish.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    One major bookmaker offering just 1/5 on Notts finishing Top 7 so they are even more confident than I am of a play off position finish.
    Wrexham win today, and move above us in the table
    Not a great day for Notts, with them , Bromley ans Solihull winning,only good news was Grimsby losing, they have really fell apart over the last month or so
    Notts cling on to 7th place

Not a great day for Notts, with them , Bromley ans Solihull winning,only good news was Grimsby losing, they have really fell apart over the last month or so
    Guess it’s a different view if your glass is half empty or full

Bromley seem to have an annoying habit of scoring very late to win games or nick a point. Wrexham’s goal came direct from a corner and it sounds like Dover were unlucky to get nothing from the game.

Nothing’s changed, though - we’re going to need to go on a long winning streak to get out of this league.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Bromley seem to have an annoying habit of scoring very late to win games or nick a point. Wrexham’s goal came direct from a corner and it sounds like Dover were unlucky to get nothing from the game.

Nothing’s changed, though - we’re going to need to go on a long winning streak to get out of this league.
    If u were going to pick a result to go our way it was Grimsby as they could get the furthest away points wise. We do need Chesterfield to have a mini slump which looks like it’s slightly started to happen. We just need to be within 4 or 5 points of the top in my mind with 10 games to go.

Certainly be good if we remain 4 to 5 points behind the leaders, gives us an oppurtunity if we get our own house in order
    But if in this scenerio you stated , sounds optimistic that we would close the gap in the final 10 games, if we have been unable to do so in the previous 30 ??

Today and midweek have been very good gambling days so very happy with all the late goals.

Betting on the correct score in the West Ham Vs Chelsea was the highlight for sure at 40/1

good call on the west ham match, they are doing well this season

Certainly be good if we remain 4 to 5 points behind the leaders, gives us an oppurtunity if we get our own house in order
    But if in this scenerio you stated , sounds optimistic that we would close the gap in the final 10 games, if we have been unable to do so in the previous 30 ??
    Yeah I think so, weren’t Grimsby 8 points ahead of us at one point, then obviously since then Chesterfield and Boreham would have come good. As I think u and others have stated we’ve probably been around average performance wise overall compared to what we are capable of, this team on its day can beat anyone. The main focus actually needs to be as IB said the mental battle of them going away to a team with 500-1000 fans. On the flipside though I would love us to do Chesterfield, more from the point of damaging their confidence.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast