+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Port Vale Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Yes I think it was away at Scun thorpe.
    1991/2 7-6
    At home.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    weren't we the first to win on some league or cup a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    0n penalties
    Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    We were the first team to win a FA Cup tie on penalties Crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Yes I think it was away at Scun thorpe.
    1991/2 7-6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    At home.
    Unfortunately it was all an urban myth as we weren't the first team to win an FA Cup tie on penalties. In the early 70s the FA Cup used to have 3rd and 4th place playoffs and in 1972 Birmingham beat Stoke 4-3 in a penalty shoot out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup..._place_matches

We were however the first team to win an FA Cup knock out tie on penalties when they were introduced to prevent endless replays.

Spot on Millerbill. We simply dare not sell Wiles or Barlaser in January. Rathbone and Lindsay are grafters but way behind in skill levels. Kayode shows promise but his potential as a striker looks very limited.

I did care about the result as a trip to Wembley to the final would be grand. Come the semis it would get tense so why not want it now? Winning is a great habit, as long as the squad is well managed as it was tonight. Bring it on.

Closer call though. Vale played well and deserved the draw, some telling harsh truths about the players in the defensive part of this formation. They had the chances to have won it, but then so did we. Entertaining game.

Sadlier very good at time, frustrating at others. Causes less chaos to defences than Chio, but gets more telling crosses in. Credit to him for that. JJ doing well but can never see him scoring for the life of me. Ram those ill chosen words down my gullet JJ. I'd love you for it.

Victor man of march though. Well deserved, that save from his own defender in last minute! Brilliant!

Sadlier had a decent game, he puts a quality cross in, much better than the one's Cheio puts in and he can strike a decent shot at times. Downside is his lack of pace and sometimes poor judgement, I wouldn't knock him too much for that.
    A good workout, Odoffin looks good in possession and all the midfield worked hard.
    Port Vale deserved their equaliser.
    Quality penalties from us, better team won the game, that bit of extra quality counted.
    Viktor my MotM......
    A one on one save which he save with his foot, a save from the rebound to keep us in the game. and the penalty save.

Credit to the 1500+ who turned up tonight.
    Into the last 16 and all to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Sadlier had a decent game, he puts a quality cross in, much better than the one's Cheio puts in and he can strike a decent shot at times. Downside is his lack of pace and sometimes poor judgement, I wouldn't knock him too much for that.
    A good workout, Odoffin looks good in possession and all the midfield worked hard.
    Port Vale deserved their equaliser.
    Quality penalties from us, better team won the game, that bit of extra quality counted.
    Viktor my MotM......
    A one on one save which he save with his foot, a save from the rebound to keep us in the game. and the penalty save.

Credit to the 1500+ who turned up tonight.
    Into the last 16 and all to play for.
    What's the chance of a Sheff Weds pair up to progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What's the chance of a Sheff Weds pair up to progress?
    Anyone at home Brin.

We have the available squad to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    We were the first team to win a FA Cup tie on penalties Crash.
    That's the baby. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Anyone at home Brin.

We have the available squad to do it.
    Do we get another home draw because we won at home or is it home/away in the draw? How's this next stage work?

I thought Sadlier played really well. He sometimes gets it caught up and doesn't beat his man, but his crossing and ability to get away a decent shot make up for it. I'd feel confident with him or Chio starting, such a strong squad.

Edit: posted as felt the need to defend him and then realised Casper's said almost exactly the same thing!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast