+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Port Vale Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I didn't want Grigg he's on the way down I've not seen nothing while he's been here to change my mind. Greaves in friendly I watched before start of this season he looked to have some scope size about him. Be another Lamy with Warney won't get a chance. I'm only bothered what they do when they are here not when they are out on loan at whatever level they are playing at. I'd have Greaves any day for Grigg some young players just that push give them confidence. I can't see what Grigg brings to the side.
    just need that push

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Off on a tangent but your typo gave me a chuckle Ronners as I recalled the time when Warwickshire Cricket Club decided to get some merchandise in the club shop regarding their spin bowler Ashley Giles.

They commissioned a few hundred t-shirts with Giles picture on the front along with the caption, "King of Spin". Imagine their surprise when the stock arrived back with the picture of Giles and the caption, "King of SPAIN"!!

The story gets even better as it turned out that the shirts became best sellers and more were commissioned.

😂
    Lol that's funny Grumps, but for a split second there I thought you were going to say they put Ryan Giles on the t-shirt. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Lol that's funny Grumps, but for a split second there I thought you were going to say they put Ryan Giles on the t-shirt. UTM
    Exactly same thoughts 😂

just need that push
    How do you know?
    And please don't say 'go to home games mean all'

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    And please don't say 'go to home games mean all'
    He doesn't even do that these days.

I didn't want Grigg he's on the way down I've not seen nothing while he's been here to change my mind. Greaves in friendly I watched before start of this season he looked to have some scope size about him. Be another Lamy with Warney won't get a chance. I'm only bothered what they do when they are here not when they are out on loan at whatever level they are playing at. I'd have Greaves any day for Grigg some young players just that push give them confidence. I can't see what Grigg brings to the side.
    Greaves did look handy in pre-season, I agree. However it is nowhere near the same as playing in League 1 week in, week out. If he is remotely ready to play in this division don't you think he would be loaned to a club a lot closer to our level? Irrespective of our management team he was essentially overlooked by every other team in this league as well as every team in the 4th tier, 5th, 6th and 7th. A team in the 8th tier has loaned him. They're ALL wrong in thinking he isn't of the level? It takes time to develop, let him ply his trade like others have and then continue his development here as and when he returns. He will be better for it having played and IF he is ready then he will get his chance.

You won't see about Grigg, he is over 30 so he can't be any good to you.

just need that push
    No, they need necessary ability.

If he had his way about getting rid of loads of players we would struggle to muster a five a side team, which would include Lamy, Greaves and Bailey-King on day release from chokey

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789