+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Port Vale Post Match Thoughts

17 unbeaten…..

……..club record Sir Paul Warne (cheap option) 😂

Port Vale Post Match Thoughts

Made hard work of it but the undefeated run goes on and we even managed to survive the spectre of penalties along the way despite some of our MMad fans having little faith in a couple of beleaguered Millers. Yet again, a good run out for 16 players and the tin pot is still there for the taking as well as a year's supply of a 14" Pepperoni (don't tell the Mrs. ).

Thoughts?

Thought they were good in the second half and the goal was coming.

Mixed feelings about the win though, could cost us promotion

Game of two halves. Ax looks a real prospect in midfield ala Patrick Viera. JJ ran his socks off and if only he could get a goal!! Sadlier drives me crazy - for every excellent bit of football, he counters it with a piece of shocking football and, with limited pace, I struggle to see a future for him in a starting XI. That said, congratulations to Warney on achieving a significant record - anyone know when the previous one was set? And such a consummate penalty shoot out - who'd have thought it?!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Game of two halves. Ax looks a real prospect in midfield ala Patrick Viera. JJ ran his socks off and if only he could get a goal!! Sadlier drives me crazy - for every excellent bit of football, he counters it with a piece of shocking football and, with limited pace, I struggle to see a future for him in a starting XI. That said, congratulations to Warney on achieving a significant record - anyone know when the previous one was set? And such a consummate penalty shoot out - who'd have thought it?!
    Good to see you transition from Banter Glenn...you are welcome

I thought it was a bit huffy puffy and not as fluid as usual, but to be expected without Barlaser, Wiles, Ogbene in the team.

Speaking of Barlaser, he was fantastic at co-commentary.

The main thing is we plod on in this competition and the "run" continues.

Shout outs for:

The Viking - played well, and saved a pen.
    Oddofin - put a shift in and isn't afraid to try things out of the ordinary.
    Sadlier - good player just doesn't really suit our first team set up.
    Kayode - If he carries on improving like this, his time will surely come where he leads our line on a regular basis. Needs that goal.

I thought Ollie looked a tad jaded as did Lindsay but both will probably benefit from the run out.

Agree.

Who’s going to take our pens now? 🤣🤣

Agree with this especially about Sadlier. Kayode is getting better every time he plays. Good to see Mattock get a full game and not get booked.
    Rathbone looks off it at the moment.

Oh and it was freezing. Also what’s with only having one gate open for us coming out? Muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Good to see you transition from Banter Glenn...you are welcome
    Appreciated gm_gm! I was a regular contributor to this site when based in Australia under the handle '10555 miles to NYS' (obviously!) but I couldn't use that account after return to UK.

To answer my own question, the previous run of 16 unbeaten games was under Steve Evans in 2014, but they were all league games. No defeat in the next 3 home games would surely see the crown pass to PW without question.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast