+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- England Women vs. Latvia Women, not a bad result to be fair

O/T:- England Women vs. Latvia Women, not a bad result to be fair

In a tight and hard fought contest the Lionesses just shade it...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  20.0 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-11-2021 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Views: 456
Size:  17.3 KB

64 shots! I was checking the fixtures earlier and saw the England game kicked off at 19:00 - wasn’t sure if that was the time or the score. Turns out it was almost an accurate prediction. Ridiculous the number of games where a team is hitting double figures.

Like I said when England men beat San Marino 0-10, these farcical mismatches are an embarrassment to football. It’s probably best summed up by the England manager who said “

"You want competitive games and these are not competitive games. In every country you want to develop the women's game but I don't think it's good that the scores are so high. I know it has the attention of the federations and I think that's good as I don't think 20-0 is good for the development of anyone”.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    In a tight and hard fought contest the Lionesses just shade it...

Views: 455
Size:  20.0 KB
    Cannot see any point in mismatches in any sport. It does nobody any good.

I think there should be a mismatch limit. If one side gets that far ahead the game is halted at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Like I said when England men beat San Marino 0-10, these farcical mismatches are an embarrassment to football. It’s probably best summed up by the England manager who said “

"You want competitive games and these are not competitive games. In every country you want to develop the women's game but I don't think it's good that the scores are so high. I know it has the attention of the federations and I think that's good as I don't think 20-0 is good for the development of anyone”.
    Who the hell wants to be on the end of a 20-0 thrashing? We had already beaten them 10-0. What kind of competition is that? 30 -0 over 2 games should be an embarrasment to FIFA!!

Soul destroying for the losers and probably a bit embarrassing for the winners too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

They ought to have some kind of tier system as the countries develop so these mismatches are reduced until the game is more mature. Otherwise countries such as Latvia are going to be demoralised rather than inspired by playing.

Their excuse was that the Latvian lasses were so cold Riga mortis had set in.

I've never seen a result as ridiculous as that on the BBC website. It makes a mockery of the womens game. Latvia obviously put anyone who would fit in a shirt out. Seriously what's the point. I guess the only way is up for Latvia!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast