+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pizza Cup - Donny

Pizza Cup - Donny

I know a lot of people have issues with this competition but I'll be there.
    Can't imagine what team DA will put out but with a very long injury list and Bennett returning to Spurs, I suppose he won't have much to choose from.
    I suppose Porter will have a rest and Jaskelainen will get a game but it's too soon for Ainley and Johnson. Thomas will probably get a game. How many of the next generation will get to play? Robbins and Tabiner? Is it time to give Zak a rest?
    Numbers will probably dictate formation so I suggest it'll be 4-3-3 as he won't have enough for a back 5. I hope he doesn't rest Lowery as I don't believe we should play a totally understrength midfield. Then again he could play 4-3-1-2 with Finney playing just behind Mandron and Kashket.
    Is there anyone I've missed?
    Prediction?......2-0.
    There, that's bold!

[QUOTE=gazan;39920393]I know a lot of people have issues with this competition but I'll be there.
    Can't imagine what team DA will put out but with a very long injury list and Bennett returning to Spurs, I suppose he won't have much to choose from.
    I suppose Porter will have a rest and Jaskelainen will get a game but it's too soon for Ainley and Johnson. Thomas will probably get a game. How many of the next generation will get to play? Robbins and Tabiner? Is it time to give Zak a rest?
    Numbers will probably dictate formation so I suggest it'll be 4-3-3 as he won't have enough for a back 5. I hope he doesn't rest Lowery as I don't believe we should play a totally understrength midfield. Then again he could play 4-3-1-2 with Finney playing just behind Mandron and Kashket.
    Is there anyone I've missed?
    Prediction?......2-0.
    There, that's bold![/QUOTE

5-3-2 formation as follows 1-1 full time Donny win on pens

Jaskelainen
    Adebisi
    Offord
    BSD
    Thomas
    Kashkett Wing back
    Murphy
    Lowery
    Griffiths
    Mandron
    Long

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post

5-3-2 formation as follows 1-1 full time Donny win on pens

Jaskelainen
    Adebisi
    Offord
    BSD
    Thomas
    Kashkett Wing back
    Murphy
    Lowery
    Griffiths
    Mandron
    Long
    Agree with that starting 11 ...

Really hope that Connor Salisbury is on the bench, and we bring him on for the last 20 minutes - and switch to 5-2-3 🤞

Prediction 2-1 to the Alex

Just seen line-up. Not playing to win.😒

I take it back. A very tidy performance and ....a complaint I haven't made for a long time.... we should have buried them in the first half. Not that we outplayed them but 2 from Gomes; 1 from Finney; Mandron hitting the bar and a couple of other misses should have been put away.
    The second half saw Donny have a lot more of the ball without actually threatening but then towards the end we had a 5 minute period of pressure which ended with Finney heading in from the near post. I don't know if it was a moment of magic from Ollie or that he was suddenly surprised to find himself unmarked at the near post.
    Anyway, promising performance from o'Riordan at the back, much in the style of Zak. Tabiner also had a few minutes to show how comfortable he is on the ball. Gomes was a waste of space, Thomas was a little more comfortable playing in the centre of defence. Murphy continued to move the ball around. Ainley had 45 mins and looked sharp. Mandron, though was off the pace. Lundstram came on for the second half but looked like he'd put a bit of weight on.
    Anyway, good to see a competent performance and another win. 4 more matches and it's Wembley😄

Agree with most of that Gazan, though I'm not one of the Gomes detractors, he linked with left wing pretty well on a few occasions. You didn't mention Travis Johnson who came on for the second half and looked very good.
    Very pleasing overall, we need to take some of the form from the FL Trophy into the League.

I've just realised that neither of us mentioned Ben Knight, who had a superb game playing in the 'Long' role off Mandron. We started to see some real quality. Well done Lad.

Ben Knight - Outstanding Performance

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    I've just realised that neither of us mentioned Ben Knight, who had a superb game playing in the 'Long' role off Mandron. We started to see some real quality. Well done Lad.
    A better performance all round, but one should not get carried away as the yardstick is being able to compete in League One. I thought Ben Knight was the Man of the Match with his superb goal and terrier like play hustling the opposition. When he had the ball one felt it could lead to something spectacular happening - very well played and here’s hoping we are going to see more.