+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Ray Kennedy

RIP Ray Kennedy

Perhaps does not mean a lot to many but I remember him well. When he left Arsenal for Liverpool I just thought he was a reasonable centre forward and nothing else really. I couldn’t believe it when it was decided to switch him to midfield but it proved out to be an inspired move. So sad his career ended the way it did. I will always remember him fondly.

Remember him well, great player.
    Saw a documentary Years ago illustrating how bad his condition was, really bad tremors. To be honest I’m surprised he lived as long as he has. Or to be more accurate Survived because from what I saw he had no life as such.

Class player, an absolute Rolls Royce of a player.

Made everything look so easy.

Paisley was a genius at judging a player just like Shankley.

Very sad news indeed.

Quality player who used to glide through a game effortlessly. He always let his football do the talking unlike the prima donnas of today. RIP Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Quality player who used to glide through a game effortlessly. He always let his football do the talking unlike the prima donnas of today. RIP Ray.
    Summed up perfectly Tip

I remember reading himabout years ago, that he had to battle through the feeling of fatigue.
    Which later was diagonosed as parkinsons.

Arsenal have always been my second team. I had the full kit when I was a kid with no 10 on it. (Ray Kennedy) Baggies always first but my mate supports Arsenal first and the Baggies second so we have a mutually rewarding friendship.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)