+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Predictocomp - WEEK 18

I can confirm that the £20 in question has been received by me.

Hi Howoldboy,

To respond:

Point 1 - That comment was not directed at you personally and you know it.
    Point 2 - Apology.. Griff & I discussed the situation at the time and have spoken via DM a couple of times since. What was said will remain between us but for clarification, you were not mentioned & yes I apologised to Griff at the time as he is the Moderator of the board but not for what happened.
    If you personally felt it was aimed at you then I apologise to you openly and in good faith as it was not…
    Point 3- No person deserves to be trolled, DM’d or abused verbally on line. Many posters were banned for their actions. It was not just Piglet, it became a barrage of trolls and whilst he may have been the re catalyst, it continued in other threads after that, some of which were then deleted
    Point 4 - I requested to be banned to remove the temptation of responding
    Point 5 - Chalky is correct, following events in Point 3, the additional prize money was sent to Griff.. details of who what when where & why are between me, Chalky & Griff
    Point 6 - I have no intention in getting involved in any other thread on the board, it did not go well as you clearly know. It was my intention to post 12 football scores on a weekly basis that’s it
    Point 7 - I came in peace in the first place & intended to this time
    Point 8 - This is your forum, if you or anyone else has a problem then please raise it with Griff… You can DM him if you wish & Griff, if anyone objects please just take me off the table again & I will not add any more predictions

Hopefully I have addressed all your question & points raised and thanks for the heads up I missed a score. More hopefully the past is the past & stays there.

Do not think there is an edit function 🤷* after a while as no pencil icon on my OP

Weymouth v Torquay 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Hi Howoldboy,

To respond:

Point 1 - That comment was not directed at you personally and you know it.
    Point 2 - Apology.. Griff & I discussed the situation at the time and have spoken via DM a couple of times since. What was said will remain between us but for clarification, you were not mentioned & yes I apologised to Griff at the time as he is the Moderator of the board but not for what happened.
    If you personally felt it was aimed at you then I apologise to you openly and in good faith as it was not…
    Point 3- No person deserves to be trolled, DM’d or abused verbally on line. Many posters were banned for their actions. It was not just Piglet, it became a barrage of trolls and whilst he may have been the re catalyst, it continued in other threads after that, some of which were then deleted
    Point 4 - I requested to be banned to remove the temptation of responding
    Point 5 - Chalky is correct, following events in Point 3, the additional prize money was sent to Griff.. details of who what when where & why are between me, Chalky & Griff
    Point 6 - I have no intention in getting involved in any other thread on the board, it did not go well as you clearly know. It was my intention to post 12 football scores on a weekly basis that’s it
    Point 7 - I came in peace in the first place & intended to this time
    Point 8 - This is your forum, if you or anyone else has a problem then please raise it with Griff… You can DM him if you wish & Griff, if anyone objects please just take me off the table again & I will not add any more predictions

Hopefully I have addressed all your question & points raised and thanks for the heads up I missed a score. More hopefully the past is the past & stays there.
    Thanks for that BDB. It clarifies a few things.

Unfortunately (because Piglet Phoenix had already been banned and NorthernSoul and the other banned posters were not in the Predictocomp) I did assume your "Vile" comment was aimed at either me, Cayambe or both of us (the two posters who at the time were complaining about the bans).

Your apology is accepted (although as it transpires probably unnecessary) and for my part I would welcome your involvement on the Message Board at any time, be it Predictocomp or any other matter.

All the best whatever you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    Noted thanks Chalky.

If you chat to him again prior to 3.00 on Saturday you might like to mention that he has omitted to complete his selections.

Specifically "Weymouth v Torquay 1- ".

You could have kept that to yourself howoldboy and given me an edge on catching him up 🙄👍

Do not think there is an edit function 🤷* after a while as no pencil icon on my OP

Weymouth v Torquay 1-3
    Here's some good advice for you bd,NEVER EVER try to edit a post on here because it will just vanish into thin air,can you imagine how gutted you would have been seeing all that post disappear just because you wanted to add something,believe me it's not worth it

Many thanks for your support Howoldboy & have sent you a DM as you call it as well (we call it a PM on our forum platform)

Even though we are not in our club title down south, we have a saying on ours.. Utd.. against racism, abuse etc & let’s move onwards & upwards 👍

Except Chalky who is going down (again)..

Please do not mention it’s FA Cup weekend, he may get a bit upset 😀

Please do not mention it’s FA Cup weekend, he may get a bit upset 😀
    It's just a Micky mouse cup in my opinion 😉

GROUP A
    Barnsley v Huddersfield DRAW
    Blackpool v Luton 2-1
    Cardiff v Sheffield Utd HOME
    Reading v Hull 2-1

GROUP B - FA Cup
    Wimbledon v Cheltenham 2-1
    Burton v Port Vale HOME
    Carlisle v Shrewsbury AWAY
    Walsall v Swindon 1-2

GROUP C
    Aldershot v Altrincham 2-1
    Bromley v Wealdstone HOME
    Dover v Wrexham AWAY
    Weymouth v Torquay. 2-1

GROUP A
    Barnsley v Huddersfield. D
    Blackpool v Luton. 1-1
    Cardiff v Sheffield Utd. A
    Reading v Hull. 1-1

GROUP B - FA Cup
    Wimbledon v Cheltenham. 0-1
    Burton v Port Vale. H
    Carlisle v Shrewsbury. A
    Walsall v Swindon. 0-1

GROUP C
    Aldershot v Altrincham. 2-1
    Bromley v Wealdstone. H
    Dover v Wrexham. A
    Weymouth v Torquay. 0-1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)