+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FA cup Millers v Stockport 7:45 KO FRIDAY 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by philthefluter View Post
    We`ve only sold around 3000 up to now. They have already sold out the away end (2700).
    As I posted elsewhere, they took 5100 to Bolton in the last round!
    phil, for a non league club this is their Wembley dream run. They've already dispatched Bolton so they're probably thinking why not us. It all depends if Warne wants to send a full squad out and put it to bed early or, leave the same set up as last night on starting of which, I think we'll get our noses rubbed in it and that will make it a tough game.

If we are wanting to hopefully gain a big pay day in the 3rd Round then, Warne simply has to treat the game with respect. Not only that, it keeps up the regular first teams fitness levels.

Unleash the best side we have and take it to them high tempo from the kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    phil, for a non league club this is their Wembley dream run. They've already dispatched Bolton so they're probably thinking why not us. It all depends if Warne wants to send a full squad out and put it to bed early or, leave the same set up as last night on starting of which, I think we'll get our noses rubbed in it and that will make it a tough game.

If we are wanting to hopefully gain a big pay day in the 3rd Round then, Warne simply has to treat the game with respect. Not only that, it keeps up the regular first teams fitness levels.

Well we knock the disdain shown by the Premiership clubs to the FA Cup so hopefully we don't consider ourselves too 'massive' to want to be in the hat for the 3rd round draw, that would be shameful in my opinion.

FFS Brin, that looks a bit disrespectful to Stockport to suggest that just by starting what could be classed as our best 11 we would put the game to bed early? Did you watch what Stockport did to Bolton? They murdered them nearly all game in the replay and fully deserved to win, and are flying high in the national league and will probably fancy their chances on Friday.
    I'm really looking forward to the game and I'm sure the Stockport fans will make it a great atmosphere. We have the best squad of players we have had for a long long time so whatever team PW starts with will certainly be very competitive and this game has the potential to be a cracker.
    Stockport bullied Bolton out of the replay the other week, but we would definitely relish that kind of battle and will hopefully come through. UTM

Yes but Bolton were awful and had no game management at all.
    They didn't know how to stop Stockport but we are much more astute than they. The likes of Woody and Reg won't put up with any of that nonsense
    Only had to look at Evatt,s face and he was like a rabbit in the headlights. Clueless

Brin is right in that if our best XI plays as we know we can then there will only be one winner

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    They didn't know how to stop Stockport but we are much more astute than they. The likes of Woody and Reg won't put up with any of that nonsense
    Only had to look at Evatt,s face and he was like a rabbit in the headlights. Clueless

Brin is right in that if our best XI plays as we know we can then there will only be one winner
    Flour thank you as you’ve saved me putting all that to Ronners.

I will add, we will have to keep an eye on their right winger ( good replacement for Oggy if we sell him in January) and Guigley up front. We should have enough to deal with the rest of them, if Warne puts the correct team out and doesn’t have us playing catch up.
    Last edited by Brin; 01-12-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Flour thank you as you’ve saved me putting all that to Ronners.

I will add, we will have to keep an eye on their right winger ( good replacement for Oggy if we sell him in January) and Guigley up front. We should have enough to deal with the rest of them, if Warne puts the correct team out and doesn’t have us playing catch up.
    At least I won’t have to worry about us in my pick 10,cheers Brin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    At least I won’t have to worry about us in my pick 10,cheers Brin.
    I thought about it but then thought of you so dint bother 😉

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

Brin is by a street one of our more respectful posters on here, but he didn't say "If our best X1 plays as we know we can" he said " If PW wants to send a full squad out and put it to bed early" as though that would be a given. Even you flour are trying to undermine what Stockport did to Bolton by basically saying that it wasn't really Stockport that were good but Bolton that were awful, and i also said that we would relish that kind of battle if they wanted to play physical with us. UTM

The thing is everybody on here will have their own idea of what our best teams is, and I mean everybody ! I would be surprised if ever two posters came up with the same 11 and Warney and his staff would be included in that ? We might all name 8/9 of the same ? But not the rest.
    Just to start with which goalie would be number 1 ??

Whatever team he puts out will have a job to do and remember we go again on Tuesday in arguably a more important game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Brin is by a street one of our more respectful posters on here, but he didn't say "If our best X1 plays as we know we can" he said " If PW wants to send a full squad out and put it to bed early" as though that would be a given. Even you flour are trying to undermine what Stockport did to Bolton by basically saying that it wasn't really Stockport that were good but Bolton that were awful, and i also said that we would relish that kind of battle if they wanted to play physical with us. UTM
    Indeed Ronners.
    It won’t be easy but They arent Real Madrid and they aren’t even in the Playofff places in their respective division

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast