+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FA cup Millers v Stockport 7:45 KO FRIDAY 3rd

I won’t be going to this game expecting to win but hoping
    Stockport are good and anything can happen on the day
    I’m just glad we’re playing them, least it’s a different league and not one from L1

3-0 Millers

Get your tickets and get behind the lads, it’ll probably be freezing but a hat will sort you out

Credit to Stockport for selling out, its a horrible journey especially on a Friday afternoon, could be a 2-3 hour trip to travel what is a few miles.

Vickers no. 1 keeper Harding Ihiekwe Wiles Smith 2 from Lindsay Barlaser Rathbone automatic choices. Chieo no end product. Miller inconsistent or Ferguson getting near past his sell by date on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Indeed Ronners.
    It won’t be easy but They arent Real Madrid and they aren’t even in the Playofff places in their respective division
    No flour they aren't Real Madrid, nor are we, but it has the hallmarks of being a real good game, and I hope that the eleven PW sends out initially will not think this game is a given, and I'm pretty sure our management team will have us fired up and ready to go so bring it on. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Brin is by a street one of our more respectful posters on here, but he didn't say "If our best X1 plays as we know we can" he said " If PW wants to send a full squad out and put it to bed early" as though that would be a given. Even you flour are trying to undermine what Stockport did to Bolton by basically saying that it wasn't really Stockport that were good but Bolton that were awful, and i also said that we would relish that kind of battle if they wanted to play physical with us. UTM
    Ronners, I stand corrected. I should have put our ‘best eleven’ Thing is, who are our best eleven? We all have our different choices. So who would be yours ? Don’t forget we have Gillingham at home on the following Tuesday night.

As for Stockport dumping Bolton out, I actually watched the match and was rooting and cheering for Stockport all the way and was pleased to see them go through after such an epic battle and turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ronners, I stand corrected. I should have put our ‘best eleven’ Thing is, who are our best eleven? We all have our different choices. So who would be yours ? Don’t forget we have Gillingham at home on the following Tuesday night.

As for Stockport dumping Bolton out, I actually watched the match and was rooting and cheering for Stockport all the way and was pleased to see them go through after such an epic battle and turnaround.
    Absolutely right about us all having a different view on our best 11 Brin and even my best 11 will vary a few times during a season as some players lose a little bit of form, and then their replacements makes it difficult for them to get back in the team.
    With this squad we have we will be competitive against anyone, but the physicality that Stockport showed against Bolton means we need to be careful out there, so going 3-5-2 I would go Victor, Reg, Woody, Mattock, Sadlier, Lindsay, Barlaser, Wiles, Miller, Smith and Freddie.
    I think Rathbone needs a rest after his illness and having played the last 2 matches. UTM

We had sold just over 3100 as of 12 noon

Just read the background story of their Number 11 Conor Jennings, recovering from cancer surgery and playing again. While I wish him well and admire his attitude I just hope he takes it easy on Friday night, if he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv1 View Post
    We had sold just over 3100 as of 12 noon
    Update 3300 at 5pm Disappointing!

Is this deff 745pm kick off? Sure o read somewhere ot was 7pm. Could have been in the last programme

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast