Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
So, the offer of a free ticket combined with the need to give Moog Jnr a lift down to the ground meant I attended my first game for the season in person last night - so I'm one of the toppest of reds in the 6,000 crowd.

We played well. Solid at the back, decent and creative in midfield with players dropping off and giving options to "play through the lines" and we were quick and incisive getting forward. Livi were a shambles first half though, formation was all over the place and we should have had at least one more goal as a result.

Much more like it from AFC through.

Bates was good. Very solid for the second game in a row. I note he said he'd missed pre season, which is a handy excuse, but the fact he's now got a few games under his belt hopefully means this will become the norm moving forward. McCrorie did well too, made a couple of basic errors, but he's got some pace and covered for his own errors by getting back quickly to clear up any danger.

Seeing Broon in red in the flesh is a strange feeling. Strolled through the game. Ferguson was better. Hedges much more of a threat and Ramirez as ever put in a power of work up front.

Ojo was decent too. Got forward well and did a job, as did JET. He's about as mobile as a tree and completely undisciplined, but he's got a good "football brain", passes the ball really well and almost always picks the right option of the right pass at the right time - which none of his teammates seem able to do.

Does that justify the signing and a starting place - hmmm, not sure, but he used the ball very well last night when he got it.

We need to win on Saturday now to show this isn't another flash in the pan, but no complaints about last night, job done and well done to all. COYR.
Good effort Moog, and agree with most of your summary, Watched on PPV - only hesgoal on away games - I thought Ferguson was a lot better last night ( any relevance to the impending transfer window?) and defence was pretty good ( or Livi were just toothless?) Emmanuel Thomas is just so slow and immobile though don't think he's worth it. Can't see why Jenks or Samuel weren't taken on instead of Mcginn and McLennan? Jenks has looked promising and I think is worth a bit of time on the park