+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Struijk at LB

Struijk at LB

The guy is a CB, is built like a CB, has limited pace etc, so hardly surprising he gets a torrid time when put at LB. Yes all MB"s players interchange during matches, but there has to be better solutions, like persevering with Firpo or Mr Dependable Dallas. The guy is totally wasted there.

Think Firpo will be nurtured into that role - he has the physical attributes to be very good there - size and pace.

Just need to recreate the promise he had when Barca signed him as the next big thing only to then discard him and ruin his confidence after one bad game.

The way Firpo played last game it was impossible for Bielsa to justify playing him.

Think long term he needs to be given a chance but he is also going to come up against likes of Salah in December

Would stick Firpo with the U23's for the rest of the season unless we are in great need.

Big Strujik fan. think he's better than Cooper already and has a lot of upside left in him. However, it's a big ask to big someone his size at left back. I also think that Firpo did good yesterday after the poor first 5 minutes. that ayew was a handful. we don't have anyone, other than possible Phillips that's going to match up well against Salah.

I hope Firpo and Strujik both get a big run against brentford. we are going to need them against the rest of the December teams we face.

I think that Klich looks washed out. Not sure what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Big Strujik fan. think he's better than Cooper already and has a lot of upside left in him. However, it's a big ask to big someone his size at left back. I also think that Firpo did good yesterday after the poor first 5 minutes. that ayew was a handful. we don't have anyone, other than possible Phillips that's going to match up well against Salah.

I hope Firpo and Strujik both get a big run against brentford. we are going to need them against the rest of the December teams we face.

I just don't get why he likes playing 3 CB mind you with what else he plays would not make a difference. Dramah and Dallas should be feeling the left and right but nahhh well play Firpo and others which don't give us anything as those positions you need solid defenders but also speed to hit sides hard.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

Klich was having a really good game don't know why he came off perhaps got an injury which I hope was the case cause if he just took him off makes no sense.

[QUOTE=ozleeds;39920885]Klich was having a really good game don't know why he came off perhaps got an injury which I hope was the case cause if he just took him off makes no sense.[/QUOTE

It seems that a lot of decisions only make sense in Bielsa’s head.

When we needed a LB to slot straight into the team, we got someone that imo will show his best next season. Not quite what we wanted though most would have predicted it.

Firpo has gone from playing occasionally in a technical league to hopefully playing regularly in a more physically demanding league. There is a lot of adjustment and learning there.

I am not saying he hasn't had bad games, but he has been given quite a difficult transition.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    When we needed a LB to slot straight into the team, we got someone that imo will show his best next season. Not quite what we wanted though most would have predicted it.

Firpo has gone from playing occasionally in a technical league to hopefully playing regularly in a more physically demanding league. There is a lot of adjustment and learning there.

I am not saying he hasn't had bad games, but he has been given quite a difficult transition.
    Spot on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)