+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley Matchday Thread

Burnley Matchday Thread

Won't be able to follow the game, got to get a shot in my neck [spine] this afternoon, hopefully someone can keep the thread alive.

Think this will be a tough game, Burnley have the kind of players up front that can rattle our defence, direct, hard and persistent. We shall see.

Come on mi Babbies!!!

Good luck Woody. I am setting off for the game in the next 30 mins. Just got to find my big coat and scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Good luck Woody. I am setting off for the game in the next 30 mins. Just got to find my big coat and scarf.
    Cheers mate. It's just my long sporting life catching up with me as it does with everyone. Having a shot to ease my neck, shoulder and arm pain until I get surgery to put plastic shims between a couple of discs in the top of my spine.

Is it going to be a bit "chilly" at the game tonight?

Yeah, good luck Woodie. Hope the jab does the trick. I would think that the temperature will hovering just above zero (celcius)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Yeah, good luck Woodie. Hope the jab does the trick. I would think that the temperature will hovering just above zero (celcius)
    Thanks WB, am able to watch the first 30 mins or so. Is it me or is the atmosphere a bit flat at the mo?

Lucky there Wood usually buries those.

Offside anyway!

Bad luck really for Traore but he should have probably slipped it inside to Jiminez.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Bad luck really for Traore but he should have probably slipped it inside to Jiminez.
    Which he did then, to his credit!

Got to run, the pox doctor awaits!

Traore doesn't think, he nearly always makes the wrong decisions and it cost us the win tonight. I don't actually blame him for shooting when he hit the bar, he'd done all the hard work and was clean through on goal, but he had three other chances to create something.

I know we're sitting in 6th but we aren't a top 6 side. We lack creativity and intelligence in the final third. We're also not slick enough. We missed Neves tonight, and his replacement, Dendonker, was poor. Moutinho still has a lot to offer but he's not the player of 2 seasons ago. I like Ait Nouri at times but, again, he's not consistent, if, and when he does beat his man his final ball is often poor. I could pick holes in other places but it's clear to me if we really want to be competing regularly at the top of the table Fosun need to spend, starting in January. We are badly lacking a box to box midfielder that can score goals. A premier version of Dave Edwards and Dendonker just doesn't cut it. We need a better left wing back/ defender, and probably another centre half. That's just for starters.

Overall yesterday was better than at Norwich but still disappointing to come away with only a point against a team whose only aim was to get just a point!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)