+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alexmick...are you ok?

Alexmick...are you ok?

Waiting for tonights kickoff, and I thought I'd do something I"ve been putting off...for fear of the response really.
    Long term forum member Alexmick, hasn't been on the boards for quite a while & more worringly I haven't seen him at games this season.
    Hope you are ok Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Waiting for tonights kickoff, and I thought I'd do something I"ve been putting off...for fear of the response really.
    Long term forum member Alexmick, hasn't been on the boards for quite a while & more worringly I haven't seen him at games this season.
    Hope you are ok Mick?
    Hi Red & White. Alistair

Thank you for thinking of us. First time I have logged on to this forum for a long time, so I missed your message until tonight. Following the way that we were treated by the club over season ticket refunds at the end of last season, we decided that we could no longer renew for the present campaign. I gladly forfeited my portion of the season ticket price as payment towards the I Follow substitute for non-attendance at the matches played behind closed doors. However, we could not justify paying twice to watch a computer screen and the club refused to refund Mary's portion of the hundred's of pounds that we outlayed at the start of the 2020-21 season. We did strike an argreement of sorts via the ombudsman. However, we decided to call it a day. We have thought about you quite a lot this season and wondered how you were keeping. Pleased to see that you are still up and about and supporting the Alex. Cheers, Mick & Mary.

Thank goodness you are both ok. That's really cheered me up.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Well you haven't missed too much this season, very sorry to hear about the season ticket problems.
    Maybe you can forgive the club sometime in the future? I'll keep looking over my shoulder. I do miss our half-time chats..take care the pair of you.

Many thanks for those kind and thoughtful words, Alistair. The issue we had was not really about the cash, but more of a matter of principle. That is all over now. I personally have found it very difficult to regain any interest this season, so at present we cannot see us returning right now. However, using the old cliche, 'never say never', who knows what will happen in the future. Yes, we also miss our half-time chats and maybe one day we will meet again. I sincerely hope that will be the case. Keep safe, and please give our regards to those up in the lofty heights of the main stand, if you do happen to bump into any of them. Cheers. Mick & Mary.