+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tivoli-enders were much more cultured than the KCM North Stand lads

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Remember browny getting stopped at Stamford bridge during the search at the turnstiles back in 82ish.
    His excuse when they found stones/ missiles in his pockets was he’d forgotten they were there, leftovers from the Leicester match a few days earlier. Not sure if he made it in.
    Missed a famous 4-1 victory if he didn’t.
    I was in with the Leicester fans for that game (went with a friend from Uni) and always wondered who hit me with those missiles. Now I know

I must have been a masochist because I was also at the Chelsea game, and you've guessed it I was in The Shed because I'd gone with friends from Uni, one who was a Chelsea fan. I remember staying quite quiet

Coincidentally, earlier that season I'd been down to Stamford Bridge for a night game with the same group of friends to watch them play Derby (one was a Derby fan) and yes we stood on The Shed and yes Derby won

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I was in with the Leicester fans for that game (went with a friend from Uni) and always wondered who hit me with those missiles. Now I know

I must have been a masochist because I was also at the Chelsea game, and you've guessed it I was in The Shed because I'd gone with friends from Uni, one who was a Chelsea fan. I remember staying quite quiet

Coincidentally, earlier that season I'd been down to Stamford Bridge for a night game with the same group of friends to watch them play Derby (one was a Derby fan) and yes we stood on The Shed and yes Derby won
    Just how many universities did you go to, CAM?!!

They're all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Just how many universities did you go to, CAM?!!

They're all over the place!
    Just one, Leicester.

However, the group I mixed with constituted a Rotherham fan, a Chelsea fan, 2 WBA fans, a Derby fan and a Southampton fan. The Leicester fan was just someone I was doing classes with and his parents owned a corner shop on Filbert Street.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Just one, Leicester.
    A fellow alum! What a great place. I was Beaumont Hall then Evington and have fond memories of overriding the paternoster in the Attenborough Tower and the student union.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123