+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moany thurs

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It's your opinion that the best view of the pitch is from the Main Stand - I disagree with your opinion, pillars aside, I find it a very strange and slightly uncomfortable experience sitting there. Could be because of all the old moaners sitting there in their reduced price seats right enough.

I sit in the Bobby Cox Stand and have no problems easily seeing play on the whole pitch so your statement that you can 'only realistically see play in one half of the pitch' is another of your opinions that are simply not based on fact. For me The Bobby Cox Stand provides the best view of the pitch.

It also has to be noted that there are pillars that block the view from some seats in the South Enclosure - again your opinion is way off the actual physical facts.
    I sat in the Bobby Cox Stand for the first time ever at the Motherwell League Cup tie and I found it a lot different from sitting the Main Stand. The young lad sitting next to me told me that at the previous home game he did not know which Dundee player scored at the Bob Shankly Stand end of the pitch.
    There appears to be something wrong with the tannoy announcements that day in the Bobby Cox Stand as I could not any announcements whereas in the Main Stand they are loud and clear.
    Where are the pillars that block the view from some seats in the South Enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Where are the pillars that block the view from some seats in the South Enclosure.
    They're in the South Enclosure - two of them.

They're in the South Enclosure - two of them.
    Where exactly are the two pillars in the South Enclosure that block the view from some seats.

Where exactly are the two pillars in the South Enclosure that block the view from some seats.

Where he told you. I can't give you the exact location,but they are under the roof,about halfway up. The club don't sell seats behind them I think for three or four rows in a 'v' shape due to the restricted view

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Where he told you. I can't give you the exact location,but they are under the roof,about halfway up. The club don't sell seats behind them I think for three or four rows in a 'v' shape due to the restricted view
    It's a waste of time he's decided there are no pillars so that's it, they don't exist, the roof holds itself up by magic.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    It's a waste of time he's decided there are no pillars so that's it, they don't exist, the roof holds itself up by magic.

They are certainly not so obvious as the pillars in the front of the Main Stand.

I would have thought that the roof of the South Enclosure was supported by the two sides and the rear of the enclosure.

I would have thought that the roof of the South Enclosure was supported by the two sides and the rear of the enclosure.
    3 pillars, one at each corner and the centre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)