+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moany thurs

Moany thurs

How much did most respecteds lack of communication with Mwell cost us last Saturday.....am going 300 away fans at average of £20......£6k.......retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    How much did most respecteds lack of communication with Mwell cost us last Saturday.....am going 300 away fans at average of £20......£6k.......retire.
    Someone had posted a tweet from Alan Burrows Motherwell CEO about the problems they had getting the correct information from
    Dundee Football Club about tickets for last Saturday’s game.
    I enclose details of the topic which is very informative. https://www.************.co.uk/topic...lling-tickets/
    Further down the topic there are details of a question by a Motherwell supporter asking why there is no PATG and the reply by Alan Burrows dated 24th August 2021.
    I do not agree with Alan Burrows reply because as far as stewards at Dens Park are concerned they do not ensure that people sit in the seat number listed on their ticket. Someone posted that it is very unlikely that John Nelms would reply to a question from a Dundee supporter. I would certainly agree with that post.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Someone had posted a tweet from Alan Burrows Motherwell CEO about the problems they had getting the correct information from
    Dundee Football Club about tickets for last Saturday’s game.
    I enclose details of the topic which is very informative. https://www.************.co.uk/topic...lling-tickets/
    Further down the topic there are details of a question by a Motherwell supporter asking why there is no PATG and the reply by Alan Burrows dated 24th August 2021.
    I do not agree with Alan Burrows reply because as far as stewards at Dens Park are concerned they do not ensure that people sit in the seat number listed on their ticket. Someone posted that it is very unlikely that John Nelms would reply to a question from a Dundee supporter. I would certainly agree with that post.
    New stadium/General manager who gave a **** would be a big boost.....so much that goes wrong or is shoddy at best stems from that area.

To cosy at Dens, not enough care......it can be changed though and very quickly with right appt.

New stadium/General manager who gave a **** would be a big boost.....so much that goes wrong or is shoddy at best stems from that area.

To cosy at Dens, not enough care......it can be changed though and very quickly with right appt.
    I am interested in the comments you make about a new stadium manager. I wonder if there is a job description that could be drawn up to help both the potential candidates and the interview panel? Think there might be helpful comments from the long standing fans who post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I am interested in the comments you make about a new stadium manager. I wonder if there is a job description that could be drawn up to help both the potential candidates and the interview panel? Think there might be helpful comments from the long standing fans who post on here.
    I was told there is currently someone shadowing the current anti fan stadium manager who had "some very good ideas".....I'm hoping this is correct but it cud just as easily be bull......but here's hoping.

So many very small improvements that cud be done very quickly.

I also see the wee mob at the btm of the Derry seem (from 100 yards away) to be being policed with a slightly lighter touch......I hope this is not my auld peepers playing tricks.

They do help generate a better atmosphere.

I was told there is currently someone shadowing the current anti fan stadium manager who had "some very good ideas".....I'm hoping this is correct but it cud just as easily be bull......but here's hoping.

So many very small improvements that cud be done very quickly.

I also see the wee mob at the btm of the Derry seem (from 100 yards away) to be being policed with a slightly lighter touch......I hope this is not my auld peepers playing tricks.

They do help generate a better atmosphere.
    was wondering about how to encourage the youngsters back into that area of the SE. You have been critical of pensioner pricing. might differential pricing for different stands have a better effect on sales. Students and pensioners pay the same PATG prices. If the stadium manager could find ways to operate different prices for different parts of the ground and sort out the criticism that there is alleged abuse of concession tickets maybe he could generate more funds to spend on tidying the place up etc. i

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    was wondering about how to encourage the youngsters back into that area of the SE. You have been critical of pensioner pricing. might differential pricing for different stands have a better effect on sales. Students and pensioners pay the same PATG prices. If the stadium manager could find ways to operate different prices for different parts of the ground and sort out the criticism that there is alleged abuse of concession tickets maybe he could generate more funds to spend on tidying the place up etc. i
    In my opinion it is difficult to have differential pricing for different stands.
    The Main Stand has the best view of the pitch but it has pillars in the way.
    The Bobby Cox Stand is the most modern but sitting it you only realistically easily see play in one half of the pitch.
    The seating and facilities in the South Enclosure are poor but it has a good view of the pitch with no pillars blocking the view.

In my opinion it is difficult to have differential pricing for different stands.
    The Bobby Cox Stand is the most modern but sitting it you only realistically easily see play in one half of the pitch.
    The seating and facilities in the South Enclosure are poor but it has a good view of the pitch with no pillars blocking the view.
    It's your opinion that the best view of the pitch is from the Main Stand - I disagree with your opinion, pillars aside, I find it a very strange and slightly uncomfortable experience sitting there. Could be because of all the old moaners sitting there in their reduced price seats right enough.

I sit in the Bobby Cox Stand and have no problems easily seeing play on the whole pitch so your statement that you can 'only realistically see play in one half of the pitch' is another of your opinions that are simply not based on fact. For me The Bobby Cox Stand provides the best view of the pitch.

It also has to be noted that there are pillars that block the view from some seats in the South Enclosure - again your opinion is way off the actual physical facts.

Derry.......all day long......row N near centre line.

Now I struggle to see half the pitch from the Cox.

I was trying to encourage some discussion about what roles the Stadium Manager might be tasked with in any attempts to improve the match day experience and hopefully raise more revenue for the club.

I think that saying all pensioners are able to pay more than non student adults is wrong and yet some form of discount pricing seems likely to be needed. There has been an allegation made that fans are using tickets that they are not entitled to use. I thought that by changing the pricing for different sections of the ground the club might be able to target support for those supporters who currently enjoy discounts.

From your reply and Deeranged's response it is obvious that the viewing perspectives are different depending on where you sit. I admit I don't know of any specific entertainment venues that have their seats priced depending on the age of the occupier but maybe old moaners might feel comfortable and motivated to moan more loudly if they were all grouped together; equally youngsters might find similar motivation to sing and cheer if they had an area of the ground that was dedicated to them. Pre all ticket days, everyone would naturally congregate in the areas where they felt most at home. I just wondered if the club might be able to find a way to rekindle that style of ticketing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)