+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Credit where credit's due

Credit where credit's due

Queen's performance last night was up there with many of their games this season, and once again, despite dominating they only had one goal for all their efforts, and it looked like they'd paid for their lack of prowess in front of goal, - until Paton stepped up off the ball and stuck that incredible effort past their keeper.

I've seen several games like last night where if we'd won 3-0 or more the opposition wouldn't have complained, - but once again we hit the bar, and had a perfectly good goal not counted.

To say I was disappointed with the effort shown against ICT is an understatement, - but last night the boys gave everything, and a performance like that on Saturday and again next Tuesday is all we can ask for.

To conclude, there is a deafening silence when Queens play well, - but there are pelters from all angles when they don't come up trumps, and I think the players and management team deserve a lot of credit.

No-one can deny that Queens were unlucky last night, and unless we have some Lionel Messi's or George Best's in the squad, - then they are not deliberately aiming to hit the bar, - and surely even the greatest of the moaners can see that on the whole the team have genuinely been unlucky.

However, Alan and the rest of the backroom team cannot rest on their laurels, - they have just proved to the TV audience what they have been capable of producing in most games this season, - they have to replicate that from now on and lay the ghost of the pathetic ICT match to rest.

Fair point Jardi but these performances have been few and far between this season and it is this that AJ needs to resolve.

I'm sure the moaners, etc will always find something to moan about and that's their divine right I'm afraid. Football is all about opinions, like many activities in life.

Agree to be fair, it was a good performance, should of had a poor Morton side buried and out of sight before the equaliser. I've said before, as someone who has been to every home match this season including last night, there have only been two teams outplayed QOS at Palmerston, those being Arbroath and ICT. Lack of victory's in the other games have been down to poor finishing, there's no doubt about that and yes, perhaps a small slice of bad luck.

They've played extremely well for the most part of this season. A decent striker would have the team sitting at least comfortably in 6th.

I think you have summed up our season pretty well.

We cannot expect to win every game, - that would be absurd even for a football fan, but we have definitely had more than our fair share of bad luck in front of goal, and last night was a classic example.

However, for me its the energy and effort that the players put in, not necessarily the final result, because provided they give 100% in every game the corner will be turned, - but what I can't accept is the lack of effort that was shown in the ICT match.

Anyway, I've said enough about that game, -and we or at least they must concentrate on the next two games and for me, - next Tuesday is the bigger of the two.

2-0 against Thistle slightly flattered us the last time, - but if we play with the same intensity as last night then we can do them over on Saturday, -but as long as we don't lose I'll be content, - provided we attack Cove with all guns blazing in the cup on Tuesday.

No doubt that will cause some consternation on this board, - but then football is all about opinions.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)