+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tory Christmas Party 🎉 🎈 🎊

Tory Christmas Party 🎉 🎈 🎊

No doubt you’ll all say nothing to see here and turn a blind eye. But what a inconsiderate bunch of morons we have as our government. While on a personal note due to circumstances and problems faced last christmas with restrictions they have the cheek to have parties. One rule for them and another for us. Vaccines were not even rolled out then and they strongly warned us weeks later of the Delta variant. If they ain’t worried, why should we be???

If this is the best way of Labour attacking the Tories, God help us. What a waste of time discussing what happened twelve months ago. Who really cares? I certainly don't. I'm more concerned with the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    ......If they ain’t worried, why should we be???
    Honestly don't know the full details and as such I'll neither defend nor condemn. Why should we worry though? Things are improving but it's pretty obvious really.

Watched some interviews of people on public transport the other week. They were being asked why they weren't wearing masks when the advice (NOT enforcement) was to still wear one.

The reason given was 'Boris didn't wear one visiting the hospital so why should I?', this despite him reportedly wearing one in clinical areas with the vulnerable.

Honestly, if we weren't already we're becoming a nation of children. It's all why why why why why?

If they had parties it's on them. Just because they may have been inconsiderate of others feelings behind closed doors, 'why' should that make it more acceptable for others to be inconsiderate in public?

There's more than one way of thinking for yourself. Unfortunately for some it involves thinking of others.

I agree that it’s scrapping the barrel to start harping on about this 12 months after the fact and I agree with your comments 68.

The problem I do have is the lack of nous and appreciation of what a bad look it is when those in charge do as they want when they want.

The Tory Party would help themselves hugely if they stopped shooting themselves in the foot with stuff like this.

They’d be better served by having a director of communications with a Left Wing background who could slap them when they come up with a stupid idea such as this.

As someone who has come from very humble beginnings and from a family of coal miners, postmen and bus drivers who were heavily supportive of the Labour Party during their lives, it’s not a natural fit for me to vote Tory.

I find myself wincing when I hear some of the stuff they say and do, they need someone in house who winces inthe same way and gives them a swift kick in the nuts when they come up with another “bright idea” of which they have more than a few.

Jeez, pot kettle black. 😄

Btw this thread didn’t start as an endorsement of the labour party. But I think the public need to be aware of things like this. 12 months ago yes, but how has it been kept away from us this long. It’s okay for us all to have a restricted xmas but not them. They get away with everything.

The other day a post was made about tory tax office moving, was that scraping the barrel? Dido harding and PPE? when will this stop… don’t tell me ‘oh but everyone tells lies’

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Jeez, pot kettle black. ��

Btw this thread didn’t start as an endorsement of the labour party. But I think the public need to be aware of things like this. 12 months ago yes, but how has it been kept away from us this long. It’s okay for us all to have a restricted xmas but not them. They get away with everything.

The other day a post was made about tory tax office moving, was that scraping the barrel? Dido harding and PPE? when will this stop… don’t tell me ‘oh but everyone tells lies’
    Is it £40bn now on that tracing app no one uses?

Covid is a cash cow for the tories sent from heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Is it £40bn now on that tracing app no one uses?

Covid is a cash cow for the tories sent from heaven.

I agree! I am sure Boris the clown has some very lucrative off shore accounts and he certainly won't need any brown envelopes for his post

114M booster doses ordered for '22 & '23, now at £15 per jab and £20 on the weekends to the end of January - another political stunt to dominate the front pages whilst Rome burns. The Covid circus just keeps rolling on folks.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree that it’s scrapping the barrel to start harping on about this 12 months after the fact and I agree with your comments 68.

The problem I do have is the lack of nous and appreciation of what a bad look it is when those in charge do as they want when they want.

The Tory Party would help themselves hugely if they stopped shooting themselves in the foot with stuff like this.

They’d be better served by having a director of communications with a Left Wing background who could slap them when they come up with a stupid idea such as this.

As someone who has come from very humble beginnings and from a family of coal miners, postmen and bus drivers who were heavily supportive of the Labour Party during their lives, it’s not a natural fit for me to vote Tory.

I find myself wincing when I hear some of the stuff they say and do, they need someone in house who winces inthe same way and gives them a swift kick in the nuts when they come up with another “bright idea” of which they have more than a few.
    Labour is the party that keeps on giving. The results of abandoning meritocracy are there for us to see, day after day.

Shocking to see that no matter how bad the tories get away with you only turn your eyes to the labour party to say they’d do worse. I doubt that labour would do that bad, simply because you can’t drop that low. I’m not keen on the current labour party either.
    While pensions, nhs pay etc never getting sorted but hey let’s sort out a pay rise for ourselves and hand over contracts to pals. I doubt labour would stoop that low.

My guess is that you tory voters had a wife that kept cheating on you, again and again and again.. you'll give them a chance after chance after chance.
    Last edited by regis80; 03-12-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)