+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot d.p.d

If thats true Nudger, is there any wonder then why some or maybe most posters on here don't want to talk to you.
    I personally won't talk to you at the moment if you keep making those sly sarcy digs at 'admin', which Im guessing is me is it ?.
    Whether certain other posters do get sent to Cov or not (and thats debatable), is it really any of your business anyway ?.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Apparently i suffer from this but early days in the diagnosis..... this is NOT an EXCUSE for some of my outbursts. But may be a reason. But untill i get a hold of it i will remain quiet.
    Upon that note id like here and now to Publicly say SORRY with all my heart to all ive offended on here... its ruined more than my online life.
    Cheers
    Respect and fair play to you for posting this BD. Thaz never offended me personally. Tha not alone mi owd. Many of us have personal battles/circumstances to try and overcome. If tha gets the support and more importantly
    the understanding of the people who are close to you then that's aif the battle. Good luck mi owd.

Good Luck with it. Half the battle is knowing what you are up against. Hope you get help and overcome it.

Apparently i suffer from this but early days in the diagnosis..... this is NOT an EXCUSE for some of my outbursts. But may be a reason. But untill i get a hold of it i will remain quiet.
    Upon that note id like here and now to Publicly say SORRY with all my heart to all ive offended on here... its ruined more than my online life.
    Cheers
    Good luck mate, I’m sure you’ll be fine

BD bravely shares his health problems with us. With one exception all replies focus on BD with best wishes to him.

Then WOW Nudger joins in the thread and as USUAL his first post quickly becomes about HIMSELF and personal attacks on others, then continues again in another post.

Hold your head in shame Nudger.

You continue to say you are not racist, not a s$$t stirrer, not a bully, not a wind up person, others being the reason some people stop posting not you etc etc, you are just debating….really!

You time ran out on the BBS forum because of YOU not others and you have continued in the same vain on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Respect and fair play to you for posting this BD. Thaz never offended me personally. Tha not alone mi owd. Many of us have personal battles/circumstances to try and overcome. If tha gets the support and more importantly
    the understanding of the people who are close to you then that's aif the battle. Good luck mi owd.
    That’s exactly my point Pass.
    Some on here continue to ‘hound’ individuals when they know NOTHING about the circumstances and welfare surrounding that person.

Some people on this thread right now that are wishing BarnsleyDaft well are the same individuals hounding him out only a few weeks ago,

It may be uncomfortable reading - but those that did that will know it’s the TRUTH.

People should be allowed to say what they want regarding what someone has posted.
    But they should NOT be allowed to personally attack that individual.

If that happened - it would stimulate debate without fear of being personally criticised.
    And it might get more people to join this forum.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 03-12-2021 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If thats true Nudger, is there any wonder then why some or maybe most posters on here don't want to talk to you.
    I personally won't talk to you at the moment if you keep making those sly sarcy digs at 'admin', which Im guessing is me is it ?.
    Whether certain other posters do get sent to Cov or not (and thats debatable), is it really any of your business anyway ?.
    Acido
    Let’s look at your comments:

1) It mattered to BarnsleyDaft that people were deliberately not engaging with him in conversation.
    Personally I don’t give a fiying fig if no one engages with me.
    But that’s not the point is it - I could see BarnsleyDaft being personally attacked and it bothered him - so if I could see it then why couldn’t you ?

2) No it’s NOT a sly sarcy dig at you personally.
    This is an open honest assessment of what I’ve seen on here.
    I have no grudge to bare with you Acido - in fact quite the opposite - you helped me when I lost my password - I haven’t forgotten that.
    What I would say - is if you see personal abuse or hounding then please step in and nip it in the bud.
    I think you are reluctant to do that at the moment because you are concerned about upsetting some of the regular posters.

3) Yer right - it’s none of my business when posters on here are sent to Coventry and ignored.
    But my point is this - while people are doing that they need to consider the welfare and circumstances that may surround the person they are abusing.
    This is why I don’t indulge in personal attacks - and a reason why I suggested a get together before Christmas - because seeing people as they actually are goes along way.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 03-12-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Acido
    Let’s look at your comments:

1) It mattered to BarnsleyDaft that people were deliberately not engaging with him in conversation.
    Personally I don’t give a fiying fig if no one engages with me.
    But that’s not the point is it - I could see BarnsleyDaft being personally attacked and it bothered him - so if I could see it then why couldn’t you ?

2) No it’s NOT a sly sarcy dig at you personally.
    This is an open honest assessment of what I’ve seen on here.
    I have no grudge to bare with you Acido - in fact quite the opposite - you helped me when I lost my password - I haven’t forgotten that.
    What I would say - is if you see personal abuse or hounding then please step in and nip it in the bud.
    I think you are reluctant to do that at the moment because you are concerned about upsetting some of the regular posters.

3) Yer right - it’s none of my business when posters on here are sent to Coventry and ignored.
    But my point is this - while people are doing that they need to consider the welfare and circumstances that may surround the person they are abusing.
    This is why I don’t indulge in personal attacks - and a reason why I suggested a get together before Christmas - because seeing people as they actually are goes along way.
    Regarding your point 1 Nudge, from reading BD's posts, I could see there was some sort of sensitivity that he had. Having now been made aware of dpd and read a little about it, I can now understand why BD may have reacted as he did on a number of occasions. As BD says himself, this is not an excuse but probably does provide him and us with a reason why it's happened. However, you also have to remember that Acido and ESR are working blind, until now, doing what is a difficult job for no return. So, you are correct and I agree that we all need to have a bit of understanding for each other, and remember that other people have personal circumstances to deal with that might not always be apparent. Once people know about someone's circumstances, I don't believe there's one person on this forum that would intentionally disregard those circumstances. I've committed to memory the people who have bravely opened up about health/ mental health issues and try to stay mindful of these things when posting.
    So we'll done to BD for making us aware and thank you to Acido and ESR for doing a great job policing this forum. Let's move on and remain mindful.

Good post Arblaster.
    Totally agree.
    Admin have a thankless task.

Cheers
    I hope everything works out for you,best wishes from Sunny Filey

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast