+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTA and China

WTA and China

Refreshing to see the WTA take the proper stance regarding the well being of Peng Shuai and cancelling tournaments scheduled to take place in China.

Too many governing bodies selling out to chase the big bucks. Fair play to them for making this decision.

Chei-na.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Refreshing to see the WTA take the proper stance regarding the well being of Peng Shuai and cancelling tournaments scheduled to take place in China.

Too many governing bodies selling out to chase the big bucks. Fair play to them for making this decision.
    Bit ridiculous really the Chinese govt released footage of her and a group of “friends” out in public. In the video the group must have mentioned the date about 10 times and you can trust the Chinese govt. It’s the the west blowing things out of proportion like when people mention their re-education camps for the muslim in the west of China.

Start by banning the USA for their appalling torture record.

Start by disbanding the WTA. Disgraceful in this day and age athletes are categorised by their 5ex

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Bit ridiculous really the Chinese govt released footage of her and a group of “friends” out in public. In the video the group must have mentioned the date about 10 times and you can trust the Chinese govt. It’s the the west blowing things out of proportion like when people mention their re-education camps for the muslim in the west of China.
    Admittedly I'm maybe failing to read between your lines but how are the West blowing those camps out of proportion?

This is easy.

If the West wanted to send a real warning to China on any subject then all they have to do is stop ordering stuff.
    Let the market dictate the standards required.

Of course, that would mean having to actually make stuff ourselves, ending up paying far far more for each individual item.

So I wouldn't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Start by disbanding the WTA. Disgraceful in this day and age athletes are categorised by their 5ex
    How were Serena and Venus ever allowed to play women's tennis? Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    This is easy.

If the West wanted to send a real warning to China on any subject then all they have to do is stop ordering stuff.
    Let the market dictate the standards required.

Of course, that would mean having to actually make stuff ourselves, ending up paying far far more for each individual item.

So I wouldn't hold your breath.
    It's a lot harder to buy non Chinese than you think even if you are willing to spend a bit more than you usually would. Especially on Amazon, what a carry on.

Mondo min, I know the Chinese market.

Well I suppose it’s a few years ago now but I used to dig out companies based in Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast