+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid...

Covid...

Is anyone more worried about Covid than they was 18 months ago or do people just take it as normal now and take it in there stride?

Nottingham has 865 cases which is up from 636 yesterday so it's increasing rapidly,it's worrying to me how it keeps transforming itself to new variants and maybe the battle against it will never end,will it now become normal to have booster jabs every year?
    So then is anybody worried,the younger generation don't seem to bothered by what I've seen from my niece's and nephews,is this the start of the end or something that will be over with in a few years?

I’m not bothered but I follow the recommendations on masks etc and do a lateral flow test a couple of times each week. I visit Mum’s care home (she’s 103 now) so it’s the responsible thing to do. I’m also treble-jabbed which helps.

I've had two jabs but I've got to admit that I'm not really bothered about going for a third one as it's not often that I mix with people and I wore a mask in shops even when you wasn't legally required to do so,I can't venture down to the Trent due to the weather and if everyone else else has the third jab then they've got no worries about catching owt from me right?

It's great that your mum is still going strong Griff,she always pops into my mind whenever I see programs about Spitfires or Hurricanes on the History channel,I bet that she's told some great stories over the years about her life and what she's done and changes that shes seen 😎

Will the new Covid restrictions really matter to anybody on here,will anyone have to work from home yet again,is it better or worst not to battle the 8am traffic but have to get under the wife's feet? Wearing a mask in shops has become normal to me now and wore one even when it wasn't compulsory to do so,will we go to tier three this time or are we more prepared for it this time?

I will follow the recommendations. I suggest coco that you consider the booster jab.

It was not in the best interests of Covid to kill its host because the Covid in there then died.
    So, it has adapted into this Omicron variant which has yet to kill anyone, albeit it spreads more easily. Maybe Omicron is good news. If Omicron becomes the dominant variant it may even play a part in killing off the Delta variant which clearly does kill folk. Maybe if you get this Omicron variant it will do hardly any damage to you and possibly kick Delta arse because Delta could kill the host person, which would really get Omicron pissed off.

There are mixed views even amongst the most eminent experts about whether viruses are 'life'. I simplistically believe that if they can adapt/evolve they must be life.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 09-12-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Omicron symptoms - a mild headache and feeling a bit tired. But because of it, will I need to show my covid passport every time I go to Brunton Park, or will we be playing in front of three men and a dog by then?

I bought some bird seed today and had a conversation about this. The owner was quite a sticker for the rules, and he had even shouted at me for not wearing a mask previously, even though i was twenty yards away, and in a large courtyard.

To cut a long story short, i asked him if he was afraid of dying, this got him thinking. His answer was that life was good, and he didnt want to lose it, he had too much to live for.

Life is neither negative or positive, you are a creator, the thing between your ears is a monster, a link to everything that is. Your conscious mind is the captain on the bridge, the engine room is the shaker and mover.

I havent enjoyed this life, but all the things i have loved will be waiting when i die. If you believe this is all that is, then that is what will happen. As for dying, i am anxious about it, but it cant be worse than some of the pain you have had in this life.

I have had kidney stones at 23, nothing is worse than that....apparently.

Covid is about bringing you closer to the final hours. Are you ready?, have you addressed all you need to? I have. I will die with no regrets, ive been doing that from an early age, not consciously, but if i dont do it right, i go back to put it right. I must have been here before.

A lot to think about.

Fully Boosted & funnily enough my boss rang me this morning as I’m off this week & only in 4 days next week and then off until Jan using holidays up.. he said back to your decision on WFH or not for the 4 days.. our “hybrid 3 in 2 out” has been shelved again 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

I havent enjoyed this life, but all the things i have loved will be waiting when i die. If you believe this is all that is, then that is what will happen. As for dying, i am anxious about it, but it cant be worse than some of the pain you have had in this life.

A lot to think about.
    You are similar to me in some ways Frank,I believe in fate,if it's going to happen then it's going to happen,you can't avoid it,your destiny was written on the day that you was born

I've also had a s.hit life and haven't enjoyed it,I see dying as the next step to meeting people that I've missed over the years and will be going to see again,dying is nothing to be scared of,if there's no God or heaven then so what I will never know but believing that there is gives me hope,if I didn't believe in God I'm sure that I would have been a nastier person so it's good to be scared of a greater force than yourself,the thing is I know that I could have been a better person in the past so a ticket through the pearly gates is not guaranteed for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)