+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anything can happen in a cup game

Anything can happen in a cup game

The above is a quote from Gary Waddock, even he is finding it hard to resist slumber. It was probably said with his head tilting back.

How many times have United played Exeter, since 1970? A hundred, two hundred? I typed that sentence, a hundred or two hundred, an hour and a half ago, just thinking about this game put me into a coma.

Do i care, no, am i going to pay to watch, no.

Will the crowd, or the gathering, slump forwards as in sleep, i hope so, sleep can be fitful, even standing. The barriers could be used as slump support, head over the rail, head down, and away you go, your legs will keep you balanced.

Will Knibbs play?, there will be no waking up from that without hot proper coffee. Dont forget your cheque book or card, you will need a loan to buy dog swill.

Phil of Reaside.

You obviously follow Utd very closely Frank and they are still a part of your life so maybe it might be best to get a few games in every now and again,would you go if they got drawn out against a top six club at the Abbey in the cup? It can be hard to finish following a club that you've spent your whole life supporting and I don't think that there's any real cure for it

Are you watching us on the tellybox on Sunday, Frank?

Yes i am, its on itv 4 i think. United are still a part of my life chalky. If you have a dog, and you mistreat it, it will turn on you, thats where i am. I am in it to pay back.

United must be one of the most dodgy clubs ever, i know they all are, but United are set apart, and that in itself is enough to not go.

Even ignoring all of that, fans now have to pay a tax through the community trust, to watch football, completely unacceptable. Society pays enough, i pay enough, what is done with it is another thing. Im not paying again, especially when it is the difference between div 1 and 2, or going into non league. Colchester have something similar, or the owner is, gates are down to 2100.

The owner, in football terms, hasnt got a penny.

I will go back when we get an owner who means business. A lot can be done with this club, Cambridge is set to double and more, it will become part of north London. Soon too.

Maybe that is Barrys plan, run it with farthings, sell big in the future. Big profit there. Barry admitted to turning down a buyer with " deep pockets".

Barry has harmed this club, it takes someone to open peoples eyes.

BARRY OUT.

Dale v Plymouth is on ITV1 with a 12.15 ko Frank,it would be nice to see them, Cambridge and Carlisle all in the draw Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Dale v Plymouth is on ITV1 with a 12.15 ko Frank,it would be nice to see them, Cambridge and Carlisle all in the draw Monday night
    I should coco.

See what I did there?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)