+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Could Derby County go into Liquidation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Some good points you raise Ronners, yes clubs are in deep chasing the dream. However the current set up is basically killing them and the grim financial reaper will catch up with them.

The top 8 or so in the Premiership have a bit of a financial buffer but are by no way immune from financial failure. They need to look at the difficulties Barcelona have got themselves into.

Football needs a serious reform, it might be painful but ignoring the problem is just kicking the can down the road.
    I think that's the irony Grist that some teams put themselves in financial difficulties to get to the premier league, but those that make it, instead of using that money to pay off their debts, they carry on overspending to try and stay there and yes I think European football as a whole needs serious financial reform. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I think that's the irony Grist that some teams put themselves in financial difficulties to get to the premier league, but those that make it, instead of using that money to pay off their debts, they carry on overspending to try and stay there and yes I think European football as a whole needs serious financial reform. UTM
    Can you imagine the fall out if the European league went ahead? The big TV contracts would go with them leaving all of the clubs left in the Prem with huge debts and no way of paying them.

All aboard the gravy train.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Can you imagine the fall out if the European league went ahead? The big TV contracts would go with them leaving all of the clubs left in the Prem with huge debts and no way of paying them.
    Frightening thought that is frog. UTM

The comparisons are going to be made with Bury of course, and how they got shafted by the EFL and how Derby keep getting more and more 'second chances'.
    Are they going to start the season on -15 pts, because it wun't surprise me if that even gets deducted!.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Which is why they voted against it, self protection, which is fair enough but not necessarily good for those clubs not in the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    The comparisons are going to be made with Bury of course, and how they got shafted by the EFL and how Derby keep getting more and more 'second chances'.
    Are they going to start the season on -15 pts, because it wun't surprise me if that even gets deducted!.
    To be fair Acido I'm sure Bury would have accepted starting that season on -15 points, but, as you quite rightly said, they got shafted by the EFL.....UTM

Response from a Derby fan name DCFCArmy on their board

Bury are a small town club and not remtoely important

But the EFL getting involved isnt neccesserily a good thing, it means they want it resolved quickly or we go bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    Response from a Derby fan name DCFCArmy on their board

Bury are a small town club and not remtoely important

But the EFL getting involved isnt neccesserily a good thing, it means they want it resolved quickly or we go bye bye
    Jees!

A European league (EL) doesn't have to result in the top clubs leaving the Prem. The EL could become a midweek fixture competition, like the current cup competition, but without the possibility of being knocked out.

The top clubs would be exempt from engaging in the national cup competitions (FA etc), unless they were allowed to field their 'reserve' teams, ie U23s.

I think the other Prem teams would accommodate that relationship.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast