+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Derby County go into Liquidation ?

Could Derby County go into Liquidation ?

Derby County have been in administration for 10 weeks, bottom of the championship
    after having a 21 point deduction.
    Been reported, debts over £60m, which includes around £26m to HMRC, MSD Holdings
    more than £20m, with football & trade creditors owed around £15m.
    The administrators ' Quantuma ' are due to meet the HMRC, with it being claimed
    prospective buyers of Derby County believe, unless HMRC agree to quarter the debt,
    Derby County could go into liquidation.

But if the HMRC agree, it would make it open to other clubs to follow the same path,
    in reducing clubs bills.
    The administration bill so far is reported to be around £2.8m, so added to the clubs
    debts.
    Reported only body who can convene to save Derby County, is the government, which
    would mean needing the Treasury, English Football League, Mel Morris [former owner],
    & MSD Holdings to get around a table, to put a plan together, to rescue the club.

Summary - Things getting worse for Derby County, if HMRC reduces the blll or wipes
    the slate clean, it would create a loophole for other clubs to use, if they were in the
    same predicament.
    There is no way a prospective buyer of the club are going to take on a £60m debt.
    So surely it would be better for the creditors & HMRC to agree a percentage of the debt
    owed to them, which would be more appealing to a prospective buyer of Derby County.
    But the question on fans lips, are why the Derby County football club found themselves
    in this predicament.

Whilst some fans can be idiots, like all clubs, I would hope they don't go into liquidation. To their fans they are as loved as the Millers are to us. I don't know all the details apart from what I've just read above. Penalise them with deductions and relegations if need be but I personally wouldn't want any community to lose their club. I know it isn't as black and white as that, excuse the Derby colours pun.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Whilst some fans can be idiots, like all clubs, I would hope they don't go into liquidation. To their fans they are as loved as the Millers are to us. I don't know all the details apart from what I've just read above. Penalise them with deductions and relegations if need be but I personally wouldn't want any community to lose their club. I know it isn't as black and white as that, excuse the Derby colours pun.
    While nobody wants it, it’s probably the only way forward and they would have to reform like Bury and Wimbledon had too !
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-12-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Just kick the feckers out sick of hearing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Just kick the feckers out sick of hearing about them.
    I blame ELK for that!

I certainly don't want to see any club fold, but it would set a very dangerous precedent if HMRC compromises on this tax debt.

With the way football can be run in this country, any compromise would see some owners skimping on the tax bill in order to 'speculate to accumulate' in the hope of promotion.

No..won't happen

Do a rangers on any team braking the rules. Drop them 6 divisions. It's cheating on any level.
    Teams like derby don't go bust. Too much money involved.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    While nobody wants it, it’s probably the only way forward and they would have to reform like Bury and Wimbledon had too !
    Yeah maybe. Shame for decent fans if so but if that's the precedent and only way out of the situation because they can't fulfill debts etc then it is what it is.

Everyone else pays their tax, i paid it for 47yrs, so why shouldn't football clubs??? Maybe it's because Football clubs delay their tax paying like self employed, not like us mortals paying PAYE. But it's obvious that some clubs are using the pending tax bill as cash flow.
    It's the same problem for every team, so tuff titty Derby, you've tried cheating one way or another numerous times so you now pay the price....whatever it is.....
    Nice derby next season with Buxton......................

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast