+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tin helmet's anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Rebecca Long Bailey was stabbed in the back by Sir Tory Starmer. Far from disappearing up her own backside she is probably the most effective and active backbencher in the House of Commons.

I'll have a gentleman's agreement with you. You leave Rebecca alone and I'll lay off the war criminal you so revere.

Attachment 20507
    No need for any agreement BT, I have little interest in Becky, it's highly unlikely I will mention her again, she holds little interest for me, on the other hand I do implore you to continue your attacks on St Margaret. I love that so long after her demise, she can still get right up Lefties noses. She was good at that, as she was good at most things, and I do like to be reminded of it often.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No need for any agreement BT, I have little interest in Becky, it's highly unlikely I will mention her again, she holds little interest for me, on the other hand I do implore you to continue your attacks on St Margaret. I love that so long after her demise, she can still get right up Lefties noses. She was good at that, as she was good at most things, and I do like to be reminded of it often.
    I once copied and pasted a lot of the reasons Margaret Thatcher was hated by millions of UK citizens.
    Here's but a few:
    1. She supported the retention of capital punishment
    2. She destroyed the country's manufacturing industry
    3. She voted against the relaxation of divorce laws
    4. She abolished free milk for schoolchildren
    5. She supported more freedom for business (and look how that turned out)
    6. She gained support from the National Front in the 1979 election by pandering to the fears of immigration
    7. She gerrymandered local authorities by forcing through council house sales, at the same time preventing councils from spending the money they got for selling houses on building new houses (spending on social housing dropped by 67% in her premiership)
    8. She was responsible for 3.6 million unemployed - the highest figure and the highest proportion of the workforce in history and three times the previous government. Massaging of the figures means that the figure was closer to 5 million
    9. She ignored intelligence about Argentinian preparations for the invasion of the Falkland Islands and scrapped the only Royal Navy presence in the islands
    10. The poll tax
    11. She presided over the closure of 150 coal mines; we are now crippled by the cost of energy, having to import expensive coal from abroad
    12. She compared her "fight" against the miners to the Falklands War
    13. She privatised state monopolies and created the corporate greed culture that we've been railing against for the last 5 years
    14. She introduced the gradual privatisation of the NHS
    15. She introduced financial deregulation in a way that turned city institutions into avaricious money pits
    16. She pioneered the unfailing adoration and unquestioning support of the USA
    17. She allowed the US to place nuclear missiles on UK soil, under US control
    18. Section 28
    19. She opposed anti-apartheid sanctions against South Africa and described Nelson Mandela as "that grubby little terrorist"
    20. She support the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia and sent the SAS to train their soldiers
    21. She allowed the US to bomb Libya in 1986, against the wishes of more than 2/3 of the population
    22. She opposed the reunification of Germany
    23. She invented Quangos
    24. She increased VAT from 8% to 17.5%
    25. She had the lowest approval rating of any post-war Prime Minister
    26. Her post-PM job? Consultant to Philip Morris tobacco at $250,000 a year, plus $50,000 per speech
    27. The Al Yamamah contract
    28. She opposed the indictment of Chile's General Pinochet
    29. Social unrest under her leadership was higher than at any time since the General Strike
    30. She presided over interest rates increasing to 15%
    31. BSE
    32. She presided over 2 million manufacturing job losses in the 79-81 recession
    33. She opposed the inclusion of Eire in the Northern Ireland peace process
    34. She supported sanctions-busting arms deals with South Africa
    35. Cecil Parkinson, Alan Clark, David Mellor, Jeffrey Archer, Jonathan Aitkin
    36. Crime rates doubled under Thatcher
    37. Black Wednesday – Britain withdraws from the ERM and the pound is devalued. Cost to Britain - £3.5 billion; profit for George Soros - £1 billion
    38. Poverty doubled while she opposed a minimum wage
    39. She privatised public services, claiming at the time it would increase public ownership. Most are now owned either by foreign governments (EDF) or major investment houses. The profits don’t now accrue to the taxpayer, but to foreign or institutional shareholders.
    40. She cut 75% of funding to museums, art ********* and other sources of education
    41. In the Thatcher years the top 10% of earners received almost 50% of the tax remissions
    42. 21.9% rampant inflation.

Thanks for reminding me mon ami how much I genuinely hated the bitch.

The Warsaw ghetto had nothing on this...

Attachment 20510

"I once copied and pasted a lot of the reasons Margaret was hated by millions of UK citizens."

Just a couple of years after she defeated Scargill and the militant wing of the NUM in the Miners Strike, the great British public had the opportunity to give their verdict on St Margaret's handling of the crisis and the way she was running the country. It was a landslide for the Iron Lady and the Tories.

Democracy eh, no wonder you Lefties hate it.

Oh how dreadful! Its a pity Hamas does not give all 'imprisoned Gazan's a compass, because their state is next to Egypt ,the Egyptians are Muslims, In Gaza the majority are Muslims, most could have families on each side of the boarder. I did not know the Egyptian's imprisoned the people of Gaza too. Brothers imprison brothers!! That's shocking! With a compass the people of Gaza can go east, but does Egypt have a 6 metres high fence, with sensors and a remote controlled weapon system?
    B T: You get sucked up by Pally Propaganda too easy.

"Over 2,000,000 Palestinians are imprisoned inside an iron cage"

I do hope there are toilet facilities.

sinkov : Don't worry ,(like sub). Its a contest just outside Birmingham I think, its who holds the record for being inside a cage for 5 mins, after they transfer them into a mini.

There are no toilets in Gaza, they just walk into the sea and ''sploooosh.'' How do we know, it all gets washed up on our beaches, we thought it came from Giant turtles at first by the size of it, But inside, the amount in the ''sploooosh of humus, Turkish coffee grains, etc etc. It could only have come from Gaza.

It's pity the Palestinians can't escape by sea, they get blown out of the water if they even try.

Hemmed in, deprived of just about every service and goods the Israelis enjoy.

Something has to give and soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    What about just before the Man U game on the Thursday, December the 30th??
    Sadly this dude won't have the chance to watch it...

https://electronicintifada.net/conte...v_7YxrK22L4Hd7

Attachment 20513

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)