+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most influential/consistent players so far this season

REG - Doesn't seem to have any great one aspect to his game as a defender but he's really bloody solid and consistent. Great signing.
    Wiles - Transitioning into a proper athlete now and technically going from strength to strength. Goal of the season package by himself.
    Smudge - Oozes confidence in finishes and general demeanour. Come a long way technically. Swag to his play in the best way.
    Rathbone - Started off amazingly, endless energy and carries us forward as a team. Slight dip in form but great signing again.
    Barlaser - Because it's Barlaser and I'm not given up my role as President of the Dan fan club. Quality.

They're my top 5 consistent and impressive players so far. Influential would be super hard to answer.

Interesting I chose our most frequent midfield 3. With Lindsay, best engine room in the league by a distance.

Can’t believe Wood hasn’t been mentioned apart from one person Smith Rathbone Wiles Barlaser arguably both keepers too

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Can’t believe Wood hasn’t been mentioned apart from one person Smith Rathbone Wiles Barlaser arguably both keepers too
    When you think that players like Wood, Ike, Miller, Ogbene and probably others aren't getting mentioned it just goes to show the strength/depth of our team/squad.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post

Wood I've said needs nursing too slow now to play wide but Harding or Ihiekwe on the left we are mostly getting away with it but it's wrong side for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not at all, but Grigg's presence may have been influential in his improvement and could also have been influential in the team improving as a whole. I'm not saying it has as I obviously don't see us play but one thing I am certain of, Will will be glad he made the right choice about which SY club to join
    Or it could have been because it was the first time warne played rathbone, wiles and barlazer together. Wasn't that around the Lincoln/Bolton game?

To be honest the whole squad is very good,yes even Richard Wood,before somebody chips in.
    I can`t think of anybody who I would be worried about playing,how often can you say that ?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Or it could have been because it was the first time warne played rathbone, wiles and barlazer together. Wasn't that around the Lincoln/Bolton game?
    Bolton was the first time Barlaser/Wiles/Rathbone/Smith/Grigg started and they continued to do so for 7 league games until we played Sunderland except against Wimbledon when Wiles was dropped to the bench.

Lamy, Tilt, George Hirst, am I too late to mention these three?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    To be honest the whole squad is very good,yes even Richard Wood,before somebody chips in.
    I can`t think of anybody who I would be worried about playing,how often can you say that ?
    Agree - this is a very good squad across every position - not where we are by accident or good fortune - just hope when February starts that we have as good a squad together

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Bolton was the first time Barlaser/Wiles/Rathbone/Smith/Grigg started and they continued to do so for 7 league games until we played Sunderland except against Wimbledon when Wiles was dropped to the bench.
    Woody was outstanding in that Bolton game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast