Following on from my discussion with miller I thought I would ask which 5 players they have been impressed with this season.

My first is Smith. I'm not sure why he's on fire this season. If you look at past seasons he has received better service from the wing. Has he now got his mojo back or are the Rotherham training staff that good?

Vickers. Released by Swansea. Went to Lincoln for 2 seasons then for whatever reason didn't renew his contract.
Played 5 games for the millers and has been excellent. For a player released by last 2 clubs he's a bargain

Ferguson. We have had several aging defenders join the club over the past few years for one last payday. and I thought fergy was going to be one of them. If he starts For 60 minutes he's unbelievable,. Full of energy gets up and down the wing. Can cross a ball and good from a deadball. Even from the bench he's been very good.

Wiles. far from the finished article but every season he's improving hand over fist. He has 2 good feet and of we do get promotion he will be one of the midfielders we need to keep.

Rathbone. No disrespect to them but How he was a Rochdale player for so long is beyond me. His energy and bite is unbelievable. He's what every team needs in league 1. Only negative for me is I'm not sure he would be able to step up a division. He doesn't seem as smart as wiles or barlaser.

Most of the squad are playing well this season one I'm interested in watching develop is oddofin. Hes a SIM age to wiles and he has some good touches and great feet. He's not scared of putting his foot in and he's happy to receive the ball in tight spaces. Fingers crossed we can keep the squad together in January