+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most influential/consistent players so far this season

Most influential/consistent players so far this season

Following on from my discussion with miller I thought I would ask which 5 players they have been impressed with this season.

My first is Smith. I'm not sure why he's on fire this season. If you look at past seasons he has received better service from the wing. Has he now got his mojo back or are the Rotherham training staff that good?

Vickers. Released by Swansea. Went to Lincoln for 2 seasons then for whatever reason didn't renew his contract.
    Played 5 games for the millers and has been excellent. For a player released by last 2 clubs he's a bargain

Ferguson. We have had several aging defenders join the club over the past few years for one last payday. and I thought fergy was going to be one of them. If he starts For 60 minutes he's unbelievable,. Full of energy gets up and down the wing. Can cross a ball and good from a deadball. Even from the bench he's been very good.

Wiles. far from the finished article but every season he's improving hand over fist. He has 2 good feet and of we do get promotion he will be one of the midfielders we need to keep.

Rathbone. No disrespect to them but How he was a Rochdale player for so long is beyond me. His energy and bite is unbelievable. He's what every team needs in league 1. Only negative for me is I'm not sure he would be able to step up a division. He doesn't seem as smart as wiles or barlaser.

Most of the squad are playing well this season one I'm interested in watching develop is oddofin. Hes a SIM age to wiles and he has some good touches and great feet. He's not scared of putting his foot in and he's happy to receive the ball in tight spaces. Fingers crossed we can keep the squad together in January

Agree with those. I’d add REG and Barlaser too. REG is o ei would be looking to buy if the price is right. Apart from a few early games when he was mediocre by his standards, Barlaser has been the glue in this team. His pinpoint passing is sublime and the positivity in taking that penalty was superb.

Playing devil's advocate, we've only lost 1 game in 3 months since Will Grigg joined us (3 in 1 month before he did) so I guess you could call that influential?

Definitely not Ferguson. Vickers Harding Ihiekwe Wiles Smith my 5

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, we've only lost 1 game in 3 months since Will Grigg joined us (3 in 1 month before he did) so I guess you could call that influential?
    Does that make ledapo crap?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Agree with those. I’d add REG and Barlaser too. REG is o ei would be looking to buy if the price is right. Apart from a few early games when he was mediocre by his standards, Barlaser has been the glue in this team. His pinpoint passing is sublime and the positivity in taking that penalty was superb.
    Was tempted to add those 2 but I would expect barlazer to be good in this league. He's championship STD all day long
    Reg played 24 times for Huddersfield in the championship so again he should be exceptional in this league...

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Definitely not Ferguson. Vickers Harding Ihiekwe Wiles Smith my 5
    I Can't put Ike or Harding in. Harding has been played out of position and made plenty of mistakes in that position. Ike the same. Ok not there fault but if we had a left footer who was fit they would have been bench warming more.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I Can't put Ike or Harding in. Harding has been played out of position and made plenty of mistakes in that position. Ike the same. Ok not there fault but if we had a left footer who was fit they would have been bench warming more.
    No Harding he's better than Edmunds Green who when a player runs at him struggles. Ihiekwe should be played central in our back 3 hopefully when Angus is back he will be.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    No Harding he's better than Edmunds Green who when a player runs at him struggles. Ihiekwe should be played central in our back 3 hopefully when Angus is back he will be.
    Can't disagree or agree Harding is better at RB/r side of back 3 though Harding is not playing there this season. Hes been played out of position so not having the same influence on the team.
    Ike has looked great in the centre of the back 3. Put him left of the back 3 and he's been nervy and the weak link of the back 3.

I would also argue wood has been better in The centre of the back 3 though league 1 is wood level. He always looks good in this division

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Does that make ledapo crap?
    Not at all, but Grigg's presence may have been influential in his improvement and could also have been influential in the team improving as a whole. I'm not saying it has as I obviously don't see us play but one thing I am certain of, Will will be glad he made the right choice about which SY club to join

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast