+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brooks to St Georges

Brooks to St Georges

Our young goalkeeper Tiernan Brooks has been selected to attend an England goalkeeping development camp at St George's Park this weekend.

The camp is designed to give talented keepers the chance to showcase their skills, develop areas of their game and experience how England players prepare and train for national-team duty.

And Brooks is very much looking forward to the experience.

"I'm delighted with the news - it's the sort of opportunity you dream about," said the 18-year-old.

"I'll be there from Sunday to Wednesday and it'll be a mixture of training and physical tests.

"I'm looking forward to showing what I can do."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...all-up-021221/

I wonder if there will be scouts there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Wrong kind of camp?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Wrong kind of camp?
    Very good. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    You'd imagine so, or at least have access to the results of the 'physical tests'
    Seems a bit like the 'combines' they have in US sports for prospects at more or less the same age as Tiernan is now.
    If the metrics and impression made are good that'd put him on scouts lists.
    Anyone know if it works like that?

I don’t think it’s going to be riddled with scouts as it’s private training camps. It’s more for the England to have a look at the keepers that potentially can play in their youth teams as they won’t have loads of footage on them as many won’t be first teamers, but obviously other clubs will monitor events like this and if he wasn’t on many scout lists he will be now.
    It’s great for him though, to be just one a few handpicked keepers is some achievement and hopefully good for us.