+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Solihull Child Abuse Case.

I think that most people’s initial reaction to this appalling crime is that the pair of them should hang, it’s probably what they deserve. However, the commandment that ‘thou shalt not kill’ is an ideal that society should aim for, although in reality, it’s pie in the sky. Surely, what should have happened to these vile creatures is life imprisonment and that should be full life sentences; they should never be released. Hopefully, they’ll get some very harsh treatment from the other inmates.

The death penalty will not deter such acts and I totally get that people feel the need for such offenders to suffer as well but overall I think that it is better not to give in to such baser instincts as it then makes us little better than them. For crimes and circumstances that fit certain criteria hanging isnt a bad option as they still have a period if time to contemplate their fate, their death may offer some closure to the victims families and the state saves money in keeping them alive for the sake if it which could be more fruitfully spent elsewhere.

I don't think that these two odious individuals are going to have an easy time in prison. There are some nasty individuals on the inside but even they draw the line at what these two have done.

Honestly, I cant think of anything like what I call proper justice for these crimes. How do you really punish these horrendous acts? I don’t know how to stop them either.
    We should never be surprised what we humans can do to each other. We are a vile species at times.
    Our only hope is that in the future science can somehow identify some gene or other that can identify potential perpetrators or physiological profiling into our early twenties becomes the norm.
    In the meantime perhaps if we were harsher and less forgiving with our laws such individuals may not develop in plain sight over time. I would suggest that both of these murders showed some previous traits or red flags in behaviour and have not been previously punished enough.
    The situation makes my blood boil.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    Honestly, I cant think of anything like what I call proper justice for these crimes. How do you really punish these horrendous acts? I don’t know how to stop them either.
    We should never be surprised what we humans can do to each other. We are a vile species at times.
    Our only hope is that in the future science can somehow identify some gene or other that can identify potential perpetrators or physiological profiling into our early twenties becomes the norm.
    In the meantime perhaps if we were harsher and less forgiving with our laws such individuals may not develop in plain sight over time. I would suggest that both of these murders showed some previous traits or red flags in behaviour and have not been previously punished enough.
    The situation makes my blood boil.
    Simple, let THEM starve in jail

It costs the tax payer circa £40000 p/a per inmate and to top it off they get around £1.50 per week (allegedly!) as a get back on your feet bonus!
    I lost my brother to cancer(he was 25 and had a young son), yet d!cksplashes like these crawl the planet!

But, one thing I would say is it makes a managers tactics, style of football and league position pale into insignificance. Not just the social services failed this young lad

Quote Originally Posted by johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    absolutely agree with all above posts these bas tards mush hang for me no real deterrent in this country, will never get what they deserve,
    hang the fork.. Ers

Also, the cowardly cow didn’t even have the guts to be in the courtroom to face her sentencing. Words fail me.

Absolutely awful. Whenever I hear of something like this though it just reminds me of the lack of care from day one. What help did the parents need years ago? where there signs? Did anybody care to help them when they were kids? Its always more than the victim. Unfortunately if no one notices or cares a damn about them they often end up growing up not caring a damn about anyone else. Everything is a knock on effect. In Prison there are some who should never be let out. Psychopaths for example as they are born that way, and little can be done to good effect.Its a brain defect in the empathy parts of the brain, this can lead to ruthlessness either as a big business heartless boss to an out and out murderer. Most people however in prison I honestly believe that with the right interventions at the right time could have led to a completely different outcome. Its sad but that's how it is. The biggest culprit? an absence of love and belonging at key moments in a persons life.

I was also wondering where the lads maternal mother was that made it necessary that the little one was in the care if these monsters.

She was in prison!

What chance did he have in life!?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)