+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens vs. Partick

Totally disagree Bagapapa. Two pretty decent teams who coped well with the exceptionally strong wind which played all sorts of tricks on the ball.

If Queens had gone in 3-0 up at half time, - then 'Wee Pele' (Ian McCall) wouldn't have grumbled. Their keeper brought off a brilliant save, mid way through the half, then Connolly hit the post and their keeper once again denied Connolly by touching the ball onto the bar.

For those of you who weren't at the game, - but who like to comment, I'm convinced that Connolly aimed for the post, - and made sure the Partick keeper had an opportunity to touch the ball so that it hit the underside of the bar!

Now that I've got that cynicism out of my system, - when will the naysayers and Queen's haters (because that is what you are) actually wake up and realise that we have a pretty decent team, who could and should be comfortably in the group of five at the top of the table, - rather than languishing at the bottom of the league?

Incidentally, the 2nd half was a bit of a non event and Partick could and should have snatched victory after side-stepping over the bar, when it would have been easier to guide into the net, and they had a couple of other long range efforts, but Queens defended superbly and over the piece, a draw was the least they deserved.

Superb energy throughout, and a performance like that against Cove on Tuesday will see us safely through to play Hibs in the next round.

Once again, - Queens deserve credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    You will ignore nothing. You will still post trivial self flattering pish. Prove me wrong!
    I will try...

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Totally disagree Bagapapa. Two pretty decent teams who coped well with the exceptionally strong wind which played all sorts of tricks on the ball.

If Queens had gone in 3-0 up at half time, - then 'Wee Pele' (Ian McCall) wouldn't have grumbled. Their keeper brought off a brilliant save, mid way through the half, then Connolly hit the post and their keeper once again denied Connolly by touching the ball onto the bar.

For those of you who weren't at the game, - but who like to comment, I'm convinced that Connolly aimed for the post, - and made sure the Partick keeper had an opportunity to touch the ball so that it hit the underside of the bar!

Now that I've got that cynicism out of my system, - when will the naysayers and Queen's haters (because that is what you are) actually wake up and realise that we have a pretty decent team, who could and should be comfortably in the group of five at the top of the table, - rather than languishing at the bottom of the league?

Incidentally, the 2nd half was a bit of a non event and Partick could and should have snatched victory after side-stepping over the bar, when it would have been easier to guide into the net, and they had a couple of other long range efforts, but Queens defended superbly and over the piece, a draw was the least they deserved.

Superb energy throughout, and a performance like that against Cove on Tuesday will see us safely through to play Hibs in the next round.

Once again, - Queens deserve credit where credit is due.
    Yes these are very close to my recollections of the match which was highly entertaining between two decent teams playing neat passing football especially that sensational first half which was breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes these are very close to my recollections of the match which was highly entertaining between two decent teams playing neat passing football especially that sensational first half which was breathtaking.
    I admit that the first half was better than the second, but apart from the good Partick save and Connollys effort, there was precious little else to get excited about. Both teams struggling to create any scoring chances. Pleased that Queens kept a clean sheet, but wins are now badly needed soon.

Maybe it’s just me, but yesterday’s game, the first 10 minutes and the two efforts off the woodwork aside, nearly put me to sleep. 90 minutes of football and the only memorable thing about it was two saves from the Patrick keeper. About the whole of the second half was played in the centre of the pitch and there was slack passing throughout.
    Queens showed how strong defensively they are but the distribution was shocking and it was probably the worst I’ve seen Gibson all season in terms of his passing. Connelly efforts aside, we showed nothing in terms of a threat with Cameron not being to hold the ball up any time it got to him.
    The league doesn’t lie unfortunately and at the moment it’s telling us we are the worst in a competitive league and until we start scoring some goals, I really can’t see that changing.
    Another point I would like to make is this. It’s obvious to everyone that there is a definite issue in the lack of goals being scored. Roy has scored more this season than junior and Cameron put together, yet he still doesn’t get a start. Has anyone any idea why this should be the case?

the connelly boy has to be signed on bigger contract and build around likes of him the one good thing iv seen from my limited attendance .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    the connelly boy has to be signed on bigger contract and build around likes of him the one good thing iv seen from my limited attendance .
    Unfortunately just like the bulk of players Lee will have an agent who will not want him to be tied down to a club for any lengthy period of time to ensure that their options are fully open come the end of their current contract. Just a fact of life these days but Queens should at the very least make him the best offer that they can afford which is attractive enough for him to consider staying.

Francis and Spike, - you both make very sound sense here with regards to young Conelly. At the very least, - he should be offered a contact extension with extra money.

Unfortunately just like the bulk of players Lee will have an agent who will not want him to be tied down to a club for any lengthy period of time to ensure that their options are fully open come the end of their current contract. Just a fact of life these days but Queens should at the very least make him the best offer that they can afford which is attractive enough for him to consider staying.
    Lee & Nditi were made offers from Queens a while back. As per usual the agent is stopping them signing anything at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)