+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: o/t favourite seasonal tipple for this year?

As seasonal drinks go, the Belgian Blue that they only serve at this time of year,in Wetherspoons, is always one to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Into Jack Daniels Fire at the moment .
    Really? Along with Fireball and at just over the equivalent of 10 pounds a litre that's the favourite tipple of just about every homeless person around here.

Mainly tea for me but I might branch out a bit this Christmas and try some spirits. Only problem is it gets a bit expensive to fork out for 750cl bottles to not like something. Most stuff that comes in 375cl bottles I already know I don't like.

I like a nice single malt also - either a speyside or a nice islay, I currently have a nice 25 year old Glenfarclas.
    Full bodied and smooth and warming which a long finish with notes of fruitiness and oakyness.
    Last edited by Adventus2012; 03-12-2021 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Really? Along with Fireball and at just over the equivalent of 10 pounds a litre that's the favourite tipple of just about every homeless person around here.

Mainly tea for me but I might branch out a bit this Christmas and try some spirits. Only problem is it gets a bit expensive to fork out for 750cl bottles to not like something. Most stuff that comes in 375cl bottles I already know I don't like.
    CAM, I will find out the shipping cost so you can send me a couple of crates.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 18.44.12.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  5.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    CAM, I will find out the shipping cost so you can send me a couple of crates.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 18.44.12.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  5.8 KB
    Also if you can, collect me a few empties ..Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 18.48.51.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  11.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

Blended Scotch in large bottles is (dangerously) inexpensive in the US. My regular - Ballantines - is about $20 (£15) for a 1.75l bottle at Rite-aid.

Single malts sadly are driven by world prices and the deals aren't so good, it seems.

A quick google suggests the very lowest price for an ordinary 0.75l bottle of 10 year Laphroaig would be around $36 (£26.50)

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    I'll have to give that Special Brew a try, is that packed with Christmas fruits and spices?
    🤪
    Oh, if it's Christmas fruits and spices you want...White Lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Blended Scotch in large bottles is (dangerously) inexpensive in the US. My regular - Ballantines - is about $20 (£15) for a 1.75l bottle at Rite-aid.

Single malts sadly are driven by world prices and the deals aren't so good, it seems.

A quick google suggests the very lowest price for an ordinary 0.75l bottle of 10 year Laphroaig would be around $36 (£26.50)
    CT have you noticed that all the liquour stores sell mass produced spirits in 0.75l and 1.75l sizes but not 1.0l and yet all the bars have only 1.0l on their shelves? What's that all about? Taxes maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Great stuff cheers mate 😄

Actually back in my daft days as a young lad remember a (very) brief fad on nights out with the lads of making snake bites out of that with bottles of pils. 🤢

I had a very nice Wycwood Brewery "Bah Humbug" last night.

Incidentally, I noticed someone mention "Mighty Millers" and I'm a big fan of Chantry Brewery myself anybody know if they do a Christmas ale?
    I've not been over to Rotherham for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    As seasonal drinks go, the Belgian Blue that they only serve at this time of year,in Wetherspoons, is always one to look forward to.
    The four points of Belgian Blue went down the neck quite well the other week !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Buffalo trace
    Jamesons Stout edition
    Monkey shoulder
    Jura journey
    Jura red wine cask
    Roe & Co (my new fav..love it)
    Dalwhinnie 15yr
    Glenlivet founders reserve

Guinness
    Kolsh
    Farmers blonde
    ....& tea
    Hopefully not all in the same day Bri !!

Real Ale for me, Porter / Stout etc.
    Do like a nice Brandy.
    If it has to be Whisky then Monkeys Shoulder is acceptable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast