+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t favourite seasonal tipple for this year?

o/t favourite seasonal tipple for this year?

This year it's a single malt from the Speyside based Benromach distillery - really liking this recent one following a recommendation from a friend based in Sutherland

great depth of aromas and liking the flavours too.....may need to order another one before Xmas Lol!

and yours?

Anything.with the subtle flavour of alcohol.

A nice 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep purple colour. Aromas of rich dark currants, nectarine skins, gushing blackberry, but lots of fragrant tobacco, rich soil, white flowers, smashed minerals and metal. Medium-bodied and saucy but racy acidity stabilises the wine nicely with the robust tannins. Deep red currants and ripe cherries, laden with mocha, loamy soil, charred herbs, pencil shavings, roasted hazelnut. Dense like characters that make it perfect for cellaring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    A nice 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep purple colour. Aromas of rich dark currants, nectarine skins, gushing blackberry, but lots of fragrant tobacco, rich soil, white flowers, smashed minerals and metal. Medium-bodied and saucy but racy acidity stabilises the wine nicely with the robust tannins. Deep red currants and ripe cherries, laden with mocha, loamy soil, charred herbs, pencil shavings, roasted hazelnut. Dense like characters that make it perfect for cellaring.
    sounds enticing - with a decent price tag but probably worth it

My single malt has notes that evoke vanilla, honey, a bit grassy, some peach, cinnamon, anise, citrus and hazelnut I'd say...
    Last edited by sawmiller; 02-12-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Anything.with the subtle flavour of alcohol.
    or even not so subtle? Does the job and why not? Enjoy Xmas, Crash

😁😁😁

...when i travelled a lot I always brought a nice Single Malt back with me, and my partner same. Ended up with most of the Glenmorangie range, the Quinta Reuben, finished in Port casks, was to die for. Dalmore and Jura ranges were quite palatable.
    I have a Jura red wine cask finished(Tesco), on the go now......mmmm.
    Any Single Malt is acceptable, but not keen on the Islay ranges.....

I have bottle of Lagavulin 12 I've kept away from all year and will enjoy over the holidays.

Special Brew. Like every other day of the year.

I always try to find a nice fruity Christmas ale.
    So far not found one I really like yet,
    I ve tried the Saltaire White Christmas and Bateman's Rosey Nosey but was a bit disappointed with both, neither tasting as good as they sounded.

I'll have to give that Special Brew a try, is that packed with Christmas fruits and spices?
    🤪

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast